Upcoming Song Speculation

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

RunningWithScissors
Regular

Re: Upcoming Song Speculation

Post by RunningWithScissors »

I agree with most that think that releasing a parody would undercut the point of the tour... but then again... he DID say it would be "Something different" after 75 mins (Which could mean anything really.) Maybe someone somewhere (He isn't in a contract anymore but, manager? Something?) Said that was the only way he would be able to do the tour? I dunno. Just random thoughts.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

If the Friday prediction is correct...we could be hours away from a new Al song (don't get your hopes up, but at the same time...I can't help it)
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

If Al doesn't surprise drop a new single at midnight, then his plan MUST be to surprise debut this new song at his concert on Tuesday and inadvertently get the rest of us all hot and bothered about the existence of a new song before releasing the studio version on March 2nd. If we're not actually "hours away" from a song at this point, I'm hoping we at least get some kind of announcement of when a new song is going to drop.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Killingsworth wrote:If Al doesn't surprise drop a new single at midnight, then his plan MUST be to surprise debut this new song at his concert on Tuesday and inadvertently get the rest of us all hot and bothered about the existence of a new song before releasing the studio version on March 2nd.
Well, we're just seconds away from midnight...3...2..1..

"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
drewdy9999
Regular

Post by drewdy9999 »

Well, I can't say I'm disappointed with a gif like that.
RunningWithScissors
Regular

Post by RunningWithScissors »

Muppetboy09 wrote:
Killingsworth wrote:If Al doesn't surprise drop a new single at midnight, then his plan MUST be to surprise debut this new song at his concert on Tuesday and inadvertently get the rest of us all hot and bothered about the existence of a new song before releasing the studio version on March 2nd.
Well, we're just seconds away from midnight...3...2..1..

This might be my favorite post EVER. Of ANY message board.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

I was not expecting anything. I kind of figure they may not want to have ANY songs in the set that have to be done every single night. Bands use studios for a hell of a lot more than recording new songs. Like I mentioned before, always smart to see how things sound when your not sure...they have a ton to try out this tour. However for those of you praying through the knees like Casey, something could drop on the weekend randomly or in the sets. So much old stuff I'd like to hear.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Yankomaniac wrote:Bands use studios for a hell of a lot more than recording new songs. Like I mentioned before, always smart to see how things sound when your not sure...they have a ton to try out this tour.
This is actually an interesting point. I wonder if Al and the guys recorded that new song at the same studio they've been rehearsing all the old songs for the tour in?
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

I already said it in the Fallon post, but now I'm thinking of it for this. Could Al have recorded a song from Hamilton that's being released Friday? Would explain a joint appearance?

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

This thought occurred to me: Who's to say that Al only recorded one song? He could have done more.
And Peggy