i'm am like..soooooo...impatient...

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

martmercer
Occasional

i'm am like..soooooo...impatient...

Post by martmercer »

ok, here's the jist...

i don't own Poodle Hat yet (i really do mean YET!!) but hows about telling me about this bonus CD

what 8 bonus mixes are on it, the home movies, the gallery and the many mores i've heard of (especially the many mores!)

thanks if you can help... :biggrin:
Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

Umm... Hi Martyn! I'm afraid I can't help you, 'cause I don't have this ALbum yet too (I really mean YET, one fan has just send it for me, it's just one-week question). But I think you can some reviews in the Net! as far as I know, most of people describe it as Al's best work, and the multimedia files are hysterical, as they say.

Hope that helps!.. :satisfied:

SEVA.
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

The enhanced CD includes Al's Home Movies, Bonus Mixes, a photo gallery, and a nice little area where you can watch the lyrics of the songs in sync with the music.

The bonus mixes are:

Hardware Store (Instrumental)

Party at the Leper Colony (Instrumental)

Wanna B Ur Lovr (Instrumental)

Why Does This Always Happen to Me? (Instrumental)

Bob (Instrumental)

Genius in France (Instrumental)

Hardware Store (Vocals Only Mix)

Why Does This Always Happen to Me? (Al and Ben Mix)
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Hardware Store vocals only mix is incredible, amazing. Al's vocals, harmonizing with himself while clearly enunciating those incredibly fast lyrics. All I can say is "Wow!"

The home movies are just that... movies from Al's childhood edited together with commentary by the Great Weird One. Approximately, what? 8 minutes? Very funny stuff. Then he finishes with some current footage of himself doing some of the same stuff he did as a kid.

Hey Martyn! Good to see you posting again... I was wondering where you'd been!
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Re: i'm am like..soooooo...impatient...

Post by CatraDhtem »

i don't own Poodle Hat yet (i really do mean YET!!) but hows about telling me about this bonus CD

Just in case any of our friends in foreign lands were confused or wondering about this, it is not a bonus CD in the way of an "extra" CD. It is simply an added program on the actual "Poodle Hat" CD.

Hopefully everyone everywhere will be able to enjoy it. If international copies do not feature it (were there any countries that released RWS without the movie file?), I'm sure one way or another some importing can be done.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

And a real neat thing you can do with the bonus features is mix the Hardware Store vocal and music mixes together and create a real neat song!

Mike

Who has played this cd in every way imaginable
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Mike

Even backwards? Sideways? Upsidedown? Every-track-at-once mode? Shuffle mode? Scan mode? In your grandma's house? While break dancing in a plate of jello while balancing the CD player on your head?! Karaoke mode? In MP3 format? In WMA format? In OGG Vorbis format? In your computer? On the roof? In the rain? On a train? In a box? With a fox? While eating Green Eggs and Ham??! At Wal-Mart? While trying to figure out 1 divided by 0 is? What is 1 divided by 0?!?!?
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

And a real neat thing you can do with the bonus features is mix the Hardware Store vocal and music mixes together and create a real neat song!

But how does that sound different from the actual, finished HS song? :huh:
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Well, if you play the HS vocals with the WDTAHTM? music, that would be different. And confusing.
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

Mike
Even backwards? Sideways? Upsidedown? Every-track-at-once mode? Shuffle mode? Scan mode? In your grandma's house? While break dancing in a plate of jello while balancing the CD player on your head?! Karaoke mode? In MP3 format? In WMA format? In OGG Vorbis format? In your computer? On the roof? In the rain? On a train? In a box? With a fox? While eating Green Eggs and Ham??! At Wal-Mart? While trying to figure out 1 divided by 0 is? What is 1 divided by 0?!?!?

The bold ones I did. Some of them I stretched, like turning the discman upside down.