Peter And The Wolf

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

flusher5
Addicted

Post by flusher5 »

Pickle @ June 17, 2009 02:24 am wrote: I just got a Peter and the Wolf Cassette with Weird Al as a gift (from a childhood fan's old collection). Is this rarer than the CD? I have no interest in ever getting rid of it but I'm wondering how much this could cost?
the cassette is more collectible then something to listen to, at least thats how i think of cassettes.
the cassette of PATW is the rarest of the 3 formats it was released on, but it has the least value, becuase no wants to pay a lot of money for a cassette, unless its something one of a kind like SOL, the japanese Eat it album, or The Official Music of WAY (Al Hits Tokyo), I think in some country theres a combination Even Worse/UHF cassette, but I have never seen it.
Rice in my Laundry, Lice in my Milk.

call me "Ben" not flusher
WAYFan
Addicted

Post by WAYFan »

I've seen that the Library of Congress has several copies of this album that I REALLY wanna listen to, so I'm placing a reservation next time I go!!!!
Janet! Dr. Scott! Janet! Brad! Rocky! (BULLWINKLE!)

Hellooooooooooooooo, Nurse!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

The Library of Congress has multiple copies of Peter & The Wolf? :lol: That's a great find!

I have this on CD. Got it when I first got really into Al in 1995. It was a hard find when I was collecting all the albums, but I got that before I found the UHF Soundtrack. Peter & The Wolf, the track, is a great half hour of comedy. Al did a good job with it. The synth accompaniments were interesting. What was the deal with Wendy Carlos? Formerly a dude or something?

Carnival of the Animals had some great poems too. The rhymes were very clever and Lehrer-influenced, imo. I did NOT like the musical bits in that section though.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I have a signed copy of the CD. I brought it along with me to a concert in 2007. Al was really surprised to see it! :D
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

TMBJon @ June 17, 2009 07:02 am wrote: What was the deal with Wendy Carlos? Formerly a dude or something?
Yes. Ex-Walter, IIRC.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Re: Peter And The Wolf

Post by anthontherun »

Because I have more Amazon gift certificates than I know what to do with, and trips to three different used record stores yesterday served as a further reminder of the futility of ever finding a copy of this, I finally took the plunge and ordered a used/like new copy of PatW. $35 and change, which is the cheapest I've seen it for in quite some time. Probably more than I would have wanted to pay but hey, it was all covered by gift certificates and more importantly I'll have the peace of mind of finally owning every ALbum on CD. Combine that with seeing my long-overdue first Al show in a couple months and it's been quite a banner year for my Al fandom.

Now watch next month they'll announce a reissue or something.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Someone actually sold me a cassette of Peter and The Wolf with an empty case to the CD. This person claims they have the CD and will send it to me, but I haven't gotten it in the mail yet.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I have a signed copy of "Peter and the Wolf". Be jealous.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Bruce the Duck wrote:I have a signed copy of "Peter and the Wolf". Be jealous.
I have a signed copy of the original OTDE Scotti Bros. CD (that includes "Bite Me) and a copy of Permanent Record. Both of these items are signed. Now, who should be jealous?
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Re:

Post by HappyGilmore »

TMBJon wrote:The Library of Congress has multiple copies of Peter & The Wolf? :lol: That's a great find!

I have this on CD. Got it when I first got really into Al in 1995. It was a hard find when I was collecting all the albums, but I got that before I found the UHF Soundtrack. Peter & The Wolf, the track, is a great half hour of comedy. Al did a good job with it. The synth accompaniments were interesting. What was the deal with Wendy Carlos? Formerly a dude or something?

Carnival of the Animals had some great poems too. The rhymes were very clever and Lehrer-influenced, imo. I did NOT like the musical bits in that section though.
UHF is hard to find?

Peter and the Wolf is. I still haven't found one anywhere. Should try eBay. Eh.