1984 Concert At Wolfgang's Vault

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

albinodwarf27
Addicted

Post by albinodwarf27 »

Thank you AlejandraDD!!!!

Nice job on the cover art :)
We don't fight, we all play nice
living in an Amish paradise
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Thanks for the upload, Alejandra!
And Peggy
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Thank you so much. This is awesome!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Eithne
Obsessed

Post by Eithne »

Thanks for the mp3s :) :)
I'm not comfortable in my comfort zone - it's poorly named.
Mad Genius
Obsessed

Post by Mad Genius »

If anyone wants them in a slightly higher bit rate, let me know. I recorded the entire stream on Adobe Audition and I'm currently splicing the entire wav file I saved. Right now, I'm on Ricky.
"...Enthusiasm mediocre; keep in mind the animals are DEAD!"
27-77
Die-hard Fan

Post by 27-77 »

Mad Genius @ October 26, 2008 03:33 pm wrote: If anyone wants them in a slightly higher bit rate, let me know. I recorded the entire stream on Adobe Audition and I'm currently splicing the entire wav file I saved. Right now, I'm on Ricky.
If yours doesn't have gaps and/or is above 96 kbps I'll take it! :)
AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Post by AlejandraDD »

If anyone wants them in a slightly higher bit rate, let me know. I recorded the entire stream on Adobe Audition and I'm currently splicing the entire wav file I saved. Right now, I'm on Ricky.
I'm no sound engineer, but I doubt the information that wasn't originally on the file will magically appear out of nowhere by re-encoding the songs on a higher bitrate. 96 kbps is what the Vault is streaming.

Also, I'm a little bit worried, because now I start by stealing songs, and soon I'll be robbing liquor stores. And selling crack and running over schoolkids with my car.

Oh, and after I posted the files I realized I didn't get the correct lyrics for Shaving Cream, since apparently the song is never sung the same way. That's what I get for not doing my homework on Dr. Demento.
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
Mad Genius
Obsessed

Post by Mad Genius »

Ah, okay, I didn't know they were streamed at 96 kbps. I just recorded a huge wav file and spliced out all the gaps, but the quality sounds fair to decent on my end.
27-77
Die-hard Fan

Post by 27-77 »

Well yeah, if you saved the file at 192kbps it'd still have the same quality as a 96kbps file, but if it's 1 big .wav file I don't think it'd have any silence between the songs unless it's just getting re-encoded to mp3...The only thing I'd want is either the original .wav file that was recorded or if it was re-tracked and either kept in wav format or converted to flac, shn, or some other lossless format...yeah, I'm picky about this stuff.
Mad Genius
Obsessed

Post by Mad Genius »

As am I when it comes to audio, this is why I saved it in .wav format, to preserve the quality that was given to us in the stream for posterity. However, upon streaming the entire show, it gapped on all of the tracks, therefore, I spliced out all the gaps and made them individual tracks for CD burning.