Least favorite Al song

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

WeirdAlFreak

least fav

Post by WeirdAlFreak »

I'd definetly have to say Germs, that is the frickin most annoying al song I have ever frickin heard!!!! :mad: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(okay I'm calming down now, wait, nevermind)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

So, how do you really feel about it? Come on, you can tell us!

mremeadows, IWOK may not be as funny as I'm So Sick Of You, or Since You've Been Gone, but "no redeeming value?" At least it's not a John Tesh song... (I love the twisted Weird Love Songs.)

QUOTE I don't really care for gotta boogie. I like the beat, but I'm not really into booger related songs

Ah, cid... You're no fun at all! Actually, Gotta Boogie is one of those guilty pleasure songs. It always makes me laugh. Because I am three...

Get that boogie outta my face! ehehehe
Marko_The_Odd
Die-hard Fan

Post by Marko_The_Odd »

Well I've never been a big fan of "Truck Drivin Song" but that's mainly because I'm also a huge Monty Python fan and therefore felt Truck Drivin song to be a mediocre version of Monty Python's Lumberjack song.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

As Al's songs go, Truck Drivin' Song isn't all that funny. But I love it when Al sings LOW. Same reason I like I Can't Watch This. Did Al ever do that song in the Hammer Genie pants?
Larry
Occasional

Post by Larry »

Actually make it most of Off the Deep End. The White Stuff, Taco Grande, whatever else is on there. yecch.

Still better than Toothless People though.
Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

QUOTE Well I've never been a big fan of \"Truck Drivin Song\" but that's mainly because I'm also a huge Monty Python fan and therefore felt Truck Drivin song to be a mediocre version of Monty Python's Lumberjack song.

Gee, another Python fan on the forum!!! :onfire: Did you know that I created a topic dedicated to Monty Python thing in Al's humor?

I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK.

I sleep all night and I work all day! :biggrin:

Did Al have it in his head when he wrote his song?

And one more thing. To be honest, I don't like much Truck Drivin' Song's idea. The only reason why I'm listening to it is because

QUOTE I love it when Al sings LOW

Oh yeah. Many of my friends still wonder how Al did it.

SEVA.
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

Everytime I play Truck Drivin Song, all of my friends do a double take and go, "Is that Al?"

Yes, indeedy it's Al. :D

-CindyBob

:stupid:
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Okay, maybe I was indulging in hyperbole when I said "I Was Only Kidding" had "no redeeming qualities". I guess the fact that AL is singing it is in and of itself a redeeming quality.

Still, I stand firm when I say it's the Al song that I'm most likely to skip on any given CD. It's just kind of a mess--TOO chaotic for my taste--and the premise is, as scottidog pointed out, not near as funny as "You Don't Love Me Anymore", "One More Minute", "Good Enough for Now" or even the so-so "I'm So Sick of You". Plus, he uses that "NOT!" joke in it, which I never thought was all that funny on Wayne's World to begin with, plus it really dates the song. Anyway, I guess I don't hate it, but I could have lived without it.

SIDE NOTE: Since "Germs" is getting a lot of votes here, I thought I'd share with you that I just heard an old Nine Inch Nails CD and realized that "Germs" is almost a near-parody of "Terrible Lie" from the album Pretty Hate Machine. I guess this is already common knowledge to most of you, but I just discovered it. Obviously, I knew that "Germs" was a NIN style parody, but I didn't know it was basically spoofing that one song.

If you haven't heard it, give it a listen...it's WAY too similar!

Meadows
Phillipemoz
Occasional

Post by Phillipemoz »

I've never hear 'Terrible lie' before, but to me Germs sounds alot like 'Closer' - then again all NIN songs sound the same to me. And no I'm not thinking of 'The Alternative Polka', where Al sings a verse of Closer to polka music. :)
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Least favorite song?

The Hot Rocks Polka. It's waaaaay down there.