Least favorite Al song

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

I wonder if those anti-Germs votes are being juiced by guys who took dates to TWS concerts and then had to watch their girls watch Al writhe in fishnet. Or even just by dateless guys who fail to appreciate the subtle artistic merits of Al writhing in fishnet.

Yeah, it seems like a lot of the girls sure love it though. :bigups:

Even though, I loved the song before I saw it live. I use to know someone who was a germs paranoid person, always sprayed doorknobs with anti-bacterial stuff after someone touched it. Germs brought me back to those days. I wonder where that person went.

-CindyBob
b-whales
Occasional

Post by b-whales »

About Germs...

When I first heard the song, I didn't really like it all that much (of course, that's when I only owned RWS). Over time, it grew on me, especially when I saw it performed on the Live video. Now I really like it. :biggrin:

As for my least fave song? I don't know, it changes. Just like my favorite song.
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

I think I'm gonna have to go with.........Waffle King. Just doesn't do it for me. :huh:
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

A mime would be a funny parody subject though.

A mime parody would be funnier. Just music playing, and background singers.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

If a mime falls in the woods, does it make a sound? Wow, I just hurt my head with that.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

If a mime falls in the woods, does it make a sound? Wow, I just hurt my head with that.

Hmm....I thought that joke went "If a tree falls in the woods and it hits a mime, does anyone care?"
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

My girlfriend particularly enjoyed the whole Germs writing-in-fishnet thing as well, and I don't hold it against her, or the song
I guess I'd go so far as to say "Germs" is my least favorite song on RWS, but overall it's a decent effort (although it did take some time for it to grow on me).
As for my least favorite, I guess She Never Told Me She Was a Mime. I tend to skip over that one more than any other one.

That's strange, becuase I was just thinking to myself the other day that "Mime" is probably one of Al's more underrated originals. I know it seems like such a throwaway song at first, like he just did it to have 12 tracks on the album, but when you listen it's got some minor chuckles in it ("always was the quiet type...", "this silent treatment is driving me nuts", etc). Plus, I think it's got a pretty good sound (good beat, can dance to it, etc.) I may be the only one who thinks that, but there you go.

I mean, as far as ALAPALOOZA's originals go, I think "Mime" is eons better than "Traffic Jam" or "Talk Soup"!

Meadows
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

I mean, as far as ALAPALOOZA's originals go, I think "Mime" is eons better than "Traffic Jam" or "Talk Soup"!

I love Traffic Jam for how true it can be. That song always goes through my head when I'm stuck in one.

-CindyBob
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

I love Traffic Jam for how true it can be. That song always goes through my head when I'm stuck in one.

No offense...I think it's probably my second least favorite song on ALAPALOOZA (after "Talk Soup"), but like I've said before: I like ALL of Al's songs! But if I must pick and choose favorites, that's where I rank "Traffic Jam". It's a cool song, though. I sit in traffic all the time here in LA, too...but thankfully the "bran muffin" situation has never come up!

Meadows
Larry
Occasional

Post by Larry »

Meadows

Me too. I like mime a lot particularly "Carries around a picture of Marcel Marceau." That kills me for whatever reason.