Least favorite Al song

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

Pancreas is my least favorite song from SOL. I just don't feel it.
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

I've got three. Waffle King, Don't Wear Those Shoes and Cable Tv.
That's what you get when you let your heart win.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Wow! Where'd you dig up this old thread? There have been countless threads exactly like this since 2004. Wonder why people didn't just use this one. :F

BTW, my least favorite Al song is still "Syndicated Inc." But if he replaces a great concert performance with "Radio, Radio" again, I just may change my mind. <_<
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

Syndicated isn't really great either. I usually end up forgiving that though, cause I like the rest of that album. Meh. Could skip that one though.
That's what you get when you let your heart win.
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

hmmm...I just went back through this thread and noticed I hadn't responded yet.

Al songs I have no love for:
Gotta Boogie (no wonder people think Al songs are "juvenile")
Girls Just Wanna Have Lunch (what happens when Al "has to" write a parody)
Toothless People (just bad)
This means something. This is important.
kaffy©
Obsessed
Location: In Between Corn and a Major City, others call it NW Indiana

Post by kaffy© »

Wow.. how can you dislike Pancreas??

have you NOT heard Brian Wilsons' "Smile" album? omg.. its awesome.. but then if you're not familiar with that music then I guess I understand. That whole song is just sheer genious. Al really is a mastermind when you think about it.. (I'm not bashing you, just really suprises me that someone would dislike the song.. its got great harmony etc.. ok i'll stop)

Anyhow, least favorite... is probably Bedrock Anthem.

yes. I know.

:unsure:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Al-Team #2771
CPFofAl
Die-hard Fan

Post by CPFofAl »

DISCLAIMER:
Note:
Please be aware that what you are about to read is me TRYING to be silly.
I obviously failed in that since some misunderstood my intent. So please don't take ANY of it seriously.
--------------------------------------
It may just be me... but I'm old. I bought Al's first album in 1983 at Record Bar in the mall. I slapped that vinyl down on the turntable and never turned back. I bought every album when it came out. (...some twice - vinyl and cassette - ...some three times - vinyl, cassette, and CD)

I can perhaps see how it might be hard for a 14 year old to get into "Stop Draggin' My Car Around" if you never heard Stevie Nicks and Tom Petty belt out the original, though.

When I was your age...they played these songs on the radio because they were NEW SONGS! You whippersnappers could benefit from listening to some Al-era oldies (70's, 80's, 90's) But I digress...

If someone claims to be a true Weird Al fan, (if you are a member here I would assume that's what you claim) they MUST purchase, listen to, and grow to love EVERY song!! I have every song from every studio album on my MP3 player and I listen to it without FF or RW any songs!

Listen constantly to every song. You WILL grow to love them. If you don't, find the original and listen to it until you're sick of IT, then turn to Weird Al for his sweet parodical relief.

If you hate one of Al's original's... well,... you might as well tell da Vinci that you hate the Mona Lisa...tell Michelangelo you hate David... tell God you hate the sunrise!

But why not enjoy them ALL for what they are... MASTERPIECES of ART!

Lock this topic because this is the end of the issue.

I'm out.
Go hang a salami, I'm a lasgna hog!

Al Team # 27°
Stupidhippie
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Stupidhippie »

Ummm...Even the hardcore fan of any band has some song they don't like. Can't really think of what mine is right now but, it's NOT Pancreas. I probably listed it earlier in this thread. Possibly Toothless People.

Jenni
Attention Michiana Al fans. I will be on Fox 28 Morning show on October 12th 8:00 hour. Wheeeee
white&nerdy

Post by white&nerdy »

Although I've always felt that if I didn't like an Al song... or let people know I didn't like one... I would be less of a fan.

But I just have to let it out...

I can't stand Lasagna.
that song drives me insane, LOL.

But that's the only one I can think of.
gotta love Al
weird bud boogovic
Occasional

Post by weird bud boogovic »

My Baby's in Love With Eddie Vedder.
These are my friends Papa Booley and Baby Booley.