Newspaper and Magazine Alerts

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

IMHO i personally beleive that Poodle Hat does get a B. Its a very good album, but its defiantely not his best. this did not have me laugh at loud nearly as much as his others. Dont get me wrong though the new album still is good. But I'm sorrry It cant compete with RWS, EW, DTBS, or OTDE.
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

I also thought it would rank far worse than a B...so I'm happy for that!

Nickelodeon Magazine is celebrating it's 10th anniversary and it featured star's greeting here's what it said

Look who wished us a happy 10th birthday! Open the page to see all the birthday greetings sent to us by some celebrities who have appeared in past issues of Nick Mag.

when you open the little thingy on the left side is AL! It has the picture from PH (the one with the blue shirt) and it says

Nick Mag- (in sort of bubble letters)

You rock my world!

Happy 10th B-day!

"Weird Al' Yankovic

I might scan it tonight and put it up on the internet....maybe.....don't hold your breath too long.

underneath it said "Weird Al' Yankovic, Musician

not anything to buy the magazine for, but you might wanna pick it up and look at it
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

well my scanner isn't working...grrrrr....so I had to take pictures of it...not neaar as effective, but I tried......the letters are kind of blurred, but I explained what it said in my last post

it looks horrible...I'm kind of embarrassed....oh well...somehow, I'll live with myself
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

It's cool. Thanks for sharing.
Stupidhippie
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Stupidhippie »

Hey, it's better than what I've got..."Absorutry NOTHING!!!"

Thanks for posting that pic!

Stupidhippie

:stupid:
Attention Michiana Al fans. I will be on Fox 28 Morning show on October 12th 8:00 hour. Wheeeee
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

Yeah, thanks for posting that. It's very cool!

-CindyBob
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Not Al....not even a magazine (Unless you feel like hunting down Mad #314), but in Mad Bathroom Companion Vol. 3, the first article in the collection is called "New Twists on Old Jokes", and Mort Drucker drew two very familliar faces from Al lore in the crowd of well known stand ups....Emo Phillips and Judy Tenuta.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

QUOTE Mort Drucker drew two very familliar faces from Al lore in the crowd of well known stand ups....Emo Phillips and Judy Tenuta

was there something written about them or just their picture in the background of the article?

was it classic UHF-esque Emo or more like he is in Shelley's avatar?
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Emo is definitly UHF-esque. In fact, I didn't even know it was a guy at first. Mort thankfully drew "Emo" on his sleeve! Huge eyes on the drawing.

Nope, it's just drawings (Although Judy has a prime seat in the front row and she's clutching her prized accordian, sitting next to Jay Leno). Nothing to go ga ga over (The article's alright and the Bathroom Companion collections are great), just one for the collectors.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
erkman27
Regular

Yet another Al-in-mag sighting!

Post by erkman27 »

Check out August's issue of Blender on page 42 for a cool litte q&a article called "Do You Rock" with Al! (And interestingly enough...the pic is of old school Al with the glasses and mustache wohohowww!)

-Erik