UHF Blu Ray! (Was 25th anniversary of UHF)

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: UHF Blu Ray! (Was 25th anniversary of UHF)

Post by Kevbo1987 »

This is fantastic! I will definitely be pre-ordering both of these as soon as that option is available. I'm very intrigued by the "box set" language. I would love to see some AL-TV included!
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

Kevbo1987 wrote:I'm very intrigued by the "box set" language. I would love to see some AL-TV included!
As much as I'd love that, the press release at the end of this article does NOT call it a box set and describes The Compleat Al that we already know. Still awesome to be getting a version of it for equipment that people actually own.
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

I wonder if the UHF blu-ray will include more deleted scenes. I'd like to see the full scenes that were fast forwarded on the previous release. I'd also hope that the deleted scenes could be shown "stand alone" as opposed to part of a featurette, but then that would mean something that exists (Al's hosting segments) wouldn't be included.

I wonder if The Compleat Al will have any bonus features, though at this point having it on DVD should be good enough. I could see it having commentary, and maybe the uncut version of This is the Life. It'd be cool if they could also rerelease The Authorized Al and package the two together.
Wolfman
Occasional

Post by Wolfman »

This is really exciting news. I of course already own UHF on DVD and The Compleat Al on VHS, but having upgrades of both is very good news.

Now I want to know about the extras. What will come with the UHF Blu-Ray that we don't already have? A new commentary doesn't really seem necessary. What else is there that we haven't already gotten?

ALTV clips would be nice to have with The Compleat Al, as would feature length commentary and deleted scenes.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

They should get the UHF from Alfest
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

minnick27 wrote:They should get the UHF from Alfest
Ooooooh, wouldn't it be cool to get the Shadow Cast and/or the reunion panel Q&A onto the BluRay??

Hey ShoutCast, Hey Al... call me, and we'll make it happen!! (T)
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

That would be GREAT to have!
And Peggy
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Wolfman wrote:What will come with the UHF Blu-Ray that we don't already have? A new commentary doesn't really seem necessary.
I think they should get Victoria Jackson to do a new commentary. I bet it would be even more entertaining than Al's was on the DVD release. :foil:

Seriously though, I'm all over this release. I have The Compleat Al on VHS, but I don't even have a VCR hooked up to my TV anymore. Al-TV segments would be cool, but I'm going to be a pessimist and say I think that would be unlikely. I think by "box set" they mean UHF and TCA will be bundled together. That's cool, though.
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

You think you're being a pessimist, I think "box set" was just the author of the article not knowing what The Compleat Al was.
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

The old commentary has kind of developed its own sort of cult following at this point. Interviewers have brought it up before and marveled at how Al was able to remember all those dates and shooting locations. Maybe a new commentary on the old commentary is in order. :P