UHF Blu Ray! (Was 25th anniversary of UHF)

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

Heds
Obsessed

Re: UHF Blu Ray! (Was 25th anniversary of UHF)

Post by Heds »

#WeWantARegion2Release
:tacky: :tacky: :tacky: :accordion: :accordion: :accordion:

EDIT: Shockingly enough, a Region 2 version of the DVD was released one month one day after this comment was posted. Shocking!
Last edited by Heds on Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Abbeybunny
Die-hard Fan

Post by Abbeybunny »

I just got the Blu Ray today! Superb quality.
Just your ordinary run-of-the-mill fangirl

6/21/15: First Weird Al concert!
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

You guys were aware that the 25th anniversary edition of UHF w/the Comic Con panel was released on Blu Ray AND DVD, right? They sold both versions at the merchant table at the concert I went to.

Anyway, as far as Easter eggs on the new DVD go, I believe the one where Al repeatedly explains to you that the deleted scenes are on the other side is gone. Maybe they had to get rid of this to make room for the Comic Con panel? All the other easter eggs are there, though.

However, there is one new easter egg I noticed that doesn't seem to be listed on barglenawdlezouss.com. During the scene where Philo has just noticed on his surveillance cameras that the Stanley/thugs fight has reached RJ Fletcher office, a on screen prompt appears for the viewer to press "angle" on their DVD remote. If you do this AL appears on screen. If you don't have the commentary track on he appears to say nothing. If you do have the commentary on, you'll notice Al appears to be lip syncing to the point in the commentary where he is saying "Look out! They're coming through the window!" AL looks much younger here so this was probably on the old DVD as well.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Annie27
Addicted

Post by Annie27 »

It was on the original DVD during the commentary. Twice during the commentary Al pops up onto the screen. The first time to warn Stanley like you mentioned and the second time to get Jay a donut.
Concerts: 5/30/15
6/24/16
3/25/18
7/06/19

"I have to assume my enemies are idiots"- Al Yankovic
Devoted Al fan since the very young age of two
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Killingsworth wrote:Anyway, as far as Easter eggs on the new DVD go, I believe the one where Al repeatedly explains to you that the deleted scenes are on the other side is gone. Maybe they had to get rid of this to make room for the Comic Con panel?
Is the new DVD release even double-sided? There's no reason anyone would want to watch the full-frame version in 2014 (nor was there any reason to watch it before that, but you know what I mean).
Annie27
Addicted

Post by Annie27 »

The new CD is not double sided.
Concerts: 5/30/15
6/24/16
3/25/18
7/06/19

"I have to assume my enemies are idiots"- Al Yankovic
Devoted Al fan since the very young age of two
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

That's odd. I like having the option. I also watch both.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Since 16x9 TVs are now the norm, I don't see how it's odd to exclude a cropped version of the movie when it no longer even serves the purpose it was designed for (filling up the whole screen).
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

I really wish this thing would get a release outside of the region 1/A area. The bluray I have now only has the movie on it, and a trailer. And even though I'm glad to have the movie, the lack of extras is a bit disappointing when you know that this way more awesome version is out there. And I don't really fancy having to get a separate bluray player (outside of my PS4) just so I can get it hacked to play region A.

Same goes for the Alpocalypse Live DVD and the Weird Al Show box set, by the way, which are also region 1/A exclusive. ;(
Love and peace.
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

Sappho wrote:I really wish this thing would get a release outside of the region 1/A area. The bluray I have now only has the movie on it, and a trailer. And even though I'm glad to have the movie, the lack of extras is a bit disappointing when you know that this way more awesome version is out there. And I don't really fancy having to get a separate bluray player (outside of my PS4) just so I can get it hacked to play region A.

Same goes for the Alpocalypse Live DVD and the Weird Al Show box set, by the way, which are also region 1/A exclusive. ;(
You can always buy the DVDs rather than Blu-Rays, no matter what region they are, and then buy a region-free DVD players :D
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;