UHF Blu Ray! (Was 25th anniversary of UHF)

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

anthontherun
Be jealous.

Re: UHF Blu Ray! (Was 25th anniversary of UHF)

Post by anthontherun »

Similar to the great one The Dissolve had a few months ago, AV Club has its own new oral history about UHF. I haven't read it yet, but it seems more in-depth and features interviews with almost every significant living UHF actor aside from Victoria Jackson.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Wow, that was really a great read. And apparently there's some bad blood between Jay Levey and Gene Kirkwood...
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

I...I didn't know Ellen tried out for the role of Terri...maybe someday Ellen will have Al on the show and show that tape!
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

anthontherun wrote:and features interviews with almost every significant living UHF actor aside from Victoria Jackson.

And for some random reason, the guys who played Conan The Librarian and Sy Greenblum. But yeah, very good interview. It was a nice perspective on things. Some of it I knew from the DVD commentary and some of it from the AL FEST panel, but there was definitely a lot of new material in there. And I liked that even though talked about the good, bad, and ugly of it all, pretty much everyone looks back on it fondly. I picked up on the Levey and Kirkwood

As a kid who didn't have cable TV growing up, I knew exactly what UHF was, and thought it was a brilliant title from the moment I first heard it. Did not like so much the title "The Vidiot" when I first heard it used years later in relation to international releases, so I'm glad he went with "UHF" :potato:

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Elvis wrote:
anthontherun wrote:and features interviews with almost every significant living UHF actor aside from Victoria Jackson.
Broads don't belong in......UHF oral histories. :lookaround:

(I said "almost"!)
tomatochives
Die-hard Fan

Post by tomatochives »

Too bad they couldn't get in touch with Fran Drescher. Would've been nice to get her side of the story.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

That was really interesting. There was plenty in there that I hadn't previously heard, and it was cool that they got all of the interviews they did. It seemed to me like Michael Richards was sort of going off on random tangents there. I was glad Jay set Gene straight regarding Al's audience. Al's concerts have some of the most diverse audiences I've seen.
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

anthontherun wrote:Similar to the great one The Dissolve had a few months ago, AV Club has its own new oral history about UHF. I haven't read it yet, but it seems more in-depth and features interviews with almost every significant living UHF actor aside from Victoria Jackson.
TL;DR. Well, I did read, but didn't make to the half of it :wacko: . It's crazy long article.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

mellow weasel wrote:It's crazy long article.
Yeah but it's about Weird Al!! Kids and their attention spans these days...
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Burger
Regular

Post by Burger »

Kevbo1987 wrote:That was really interesting. There was plenty in there that I hadn't previously heard, and it was cool that they got all of the interviews they did. It seemed to me like Michael Richards was sort of going off on random tangents there. I was glad Jay set Gene straight regarding Al's audience. Al's concerts have some of the most diverse audiences I've seen.
Weird Al is a guy who all audiences can like. He's like the Three Stooges.
Currently serving one year in grammar school for word crimes