New Book Available For Pre-Order!

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

bermuda
Be jealous.

New Book Available For Pre-Order!

Post by bermuda »

Hey, remember that picture book I mentioned 3 years ago? Well, it's (almost) here!

BLACK & WHITE & WEIRD ALL OVER, THE LOST PHOTOGRAPHS OF "WEIRD AL" YANKOVIC '83-'86 is now available for pre-order!

It's a 208-page hardcover coffee-table book featuring a ton of my behind-the-scenes black & white photos of Al & assorted colleagues on video sets and in the studio early in his career. I know you've seen a thousand of my photos before, but nearly all of these photos - 94% if you must know - haven't been seen since they were taken 34+ years ago. Even Al hadn't seen them until the book was underway! He wrote a humorous and sincere foreword, saying "It's a fine snapshot — actually, several hundred snapshots — of what life was like for us in the '80s."

BLACK & WHITE & WEIRD ALL OVER will be released in two versions: a hardcover edition (available worldwide) and a limited edition signed by me, with an alternate cover, and twelve 9x12" frameable prints in a deluxe box (numbered and limited to 250 copies.)

Visit www.BlackAndWhiteAndWeird.com for more info!

bww2_850.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dansachs
Occasional

Re: New Book Available For Pre-Order!

Post by dansachs »

:accordion: Great news! I've pre-ordered two copies. Can't wait!
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Awesome! Can't wait! I just need to decide if I want to go for the limited edition tomorrow morning, or stick with the regular one.
And Peggy
Ear Booker

Post by Ear Booker »

Bermuda, this looks great... and I'm a sucker for super deluxe editions so I just pre-ordered the box. You might want to pass along to the publisher though that their web site doesn't load properly in Safari on macOS, but it did work fine in Chrome. It only sort of worked in Safari on my iPhone when I tried it there.

Also, those tracks used for the preview videos are great... the kind of thing I always wished made it to Medium Rarities. I think a lot of us would love to see a behind the scenes, in the studio type release with demos and outtakes. Even if it ended up on iTunes as download only, or something like that, it would be cool to have, especially a lot of these older versions, that if they're available at all, are only on old issues of Dr. Demento's Basement Tapes.
ear book·er | \ 'ir ˈbo͝okər \ n. the event that has transpired when your ear has been sufficiently booked.
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

Ear Booker wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:07 pm Bermuda, this looks great... and I'm a sucker for super deluxe editions so I just pre-ordered the box. You might want to pass along to the publisher though that their web site doesn't load properly in Safari on macOS, but it did work fine in Chrome.
Thanks for buying, and sorry about the site. Squarespace has it and we thought it was suitably optimized for all devices and browsers.

Bermuda
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

dansachs wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:49 pm :accordion: Great news! I've pre-ordered two copies. Can't wait!
Thank you! :)

Bermuda
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Damn it, got the date wrong for the limited edition box set pre-order. Oh well, guess I'll have to stick with the regular one
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic