Al songs on the radio

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

Slappy
Occasional

Post by Slappy »

I work for a radio station and I know we played some stuff off the RWS album but this one, most of the songs he parodied aren't in our format so our PD frowns on us playing them. (We don't play rap so there goes two...we don't play boy bands, there goes another...we don't play soft rock...so long "Ode" and amazingly we don't play ONE of the artists in the AWBP) I was able to convince them to play A Complicated Song back to back with my parody of Comlicated. (To show everyone why Al is so much better than your local parody guy) But I think it only happened once or twice.

We just started a thing where we play only 80's hits all weekend long and Al has popped up there a few times. It's not much but it's something. (I intentionally didn't say what station I work for, 'cause I don't want to sound like I'm advertising for them)
almost al!
Die-hard Fan

Post by almost al! »

no, i think mentioning it would only be advertising if you said it out of context, like in its own post: LISTEN TO (blank station) THIS WEEKEND AND MAYBE WE'LL PLAY SOME AL!

bad.

having it in your other post would have been okay, at least in my book

btw, nice avvie!
Weird Alan
Regular

Post by Weird Alan »

...does Dr. Demento count?
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

Well, I'll asl you where you work, which makes it fair. Plus, INQUIRING MINDS LIKE MINE WANNA KNOW!
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
Sanny
Occasional

Al on the radio

Post by Sanny »

Other than the Dr. Demento show, which I apparently cannot get where I live, has any one ever heard him on the radio? If so, what kind of station is it? I listen to "The Buzz" which is an alternative rock station but I can never seem to catch an Al song. How does he get promoted?
~
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Re: Al on the radio

Post by weird_el »

How does he get promoted?

VH1 and relentless touring. Craig Kilbourne, Tom Green and Nickelodeon weren't that effective IMO.
Miss Janine
Obsessed

Post by Miss Janine »

Come to think of it, I don't recall ever actually hearing Al on the radio, except maybe way back when with "Eat It", or on Casey Kasem's ATF Countdown, again way back when. I think that's how I first learned of his amazingness. :choon:
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: Al on the radio

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

How does he get promoted?
VH1 and relentless touring. Craig Kilbourne, Tom Green and Nickelodeon weren't that effective IMO.

Don't forget the enthusiastic word of mouth.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Let's not forget the wonderful NPR interview which I believe is still linked up at The Mothership.
aintafraidofy3k
Occasional

Post by aintafraidofy3k »

I remember back in '96 when Amish Paradise was #1 for like a week on the top 9 @ 9 at a big radio staion in Green Bay. And a few years before that, I swear I heard YDLMA on that same station.
A chicken that barks like a dog cannot get to the other side of the road.