DVR Alerts

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Re: DVR Alerts

Post by RyanHippFTW »

Is TCM really playing UHF in November? All Things Yankovic says that they'll be playing it on Nov. 26.....that's kinda odd.
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

The TCM website says UHF will air Nov 25 at 3:30am (EST).
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

.....okay.....why?
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

They often play "cult" movies in the wee hours of the morning.
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

I thought maybe since it is now a 22 year old movie they consider it classic and old enough to show on their channel
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

Uhh, they've played Spirited Away, The Iron Giant, and Saving Private Ryan in the past, and those are all still fairly recent films, so that idea makes absolutely no sense.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Why does there have to be a reason for it? There's a movie that they apparently have the rights to play on their channel, so they are playing it. It's at 3:30am, not exactly prime time.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

TCM is showing "UHF" during "TCM Underground," their Friday late night block of cult movies, which as suggested already is something they've been doing for quite a while now.

The producers of "Underground" had been wanting to show "UHF" for quite some time now and had actually prematurely put it on their schedule at one point last year, but Epix still held the broadcast rights to the film and that showing never happened. When I tweeted them about it back in March, TCM said they were still actively pursuing the rights to "UHF." Usually when a movie is licensed for "TCM Underground" it gets two showings throughout the season, which if I understand TCM's schedule correctly usually ends around the time of their "31 Days of Oscar" programming.

But anyway, this is still very, very cool, as this marks the first time "UHF" will air on any of the "classic movie" channels (yet another April Fools joke I did that is since coming true...yikes). The only drawback is that it will be in the late night hours, which means it won't have any hosted introduction the way the prime time presentations do (no Robert Osbourne, in other words). The only thing they might do is some quirky narration during the "next on TCM..." bumpers right after movies, where they list the next three programs coming up.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HalifaxKat
Regular

Post by HalifaxKat »

Just For Laughs: Amp'd (which Al hosted and performed at in July) is airing on Saturday, October 29 on The Comedy Network (10:00 ET/PT):

http://www.bellmediapr.ca/comedy/releas ... &yyyy=2011" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein
HalifaxKat
Regular

Post by HalifaxKat »

Al's episode of How I Met Your Mother airs tonight... cool!
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein