Al Songs You've Used

Here you can show your graphics skills or any program made of Weird Al.

Moderator: Moderators

mewrio
Off The Deep End

Al Songs You've Used

Post by mewrio »

You know, like used... in public... other than for the sole purpose of listening... PM me if you don't undertand.

I used the chorus of "Fat" in a PowerPoint Presentation on Obesity.

Mods, if there is already a thread like this, please PM me and fell free to close this topic. But I did use the search function.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I don't remember a thread like this. There was one for if you've performed Al songs live, but this is different.

I'm interested in the discussion, even though I don't have anything to contribute to it...

Oh, wait, I did find a power point lesson online that used Eat It as the basis of it. It was a nutrition lesson. I wonder if I can find it again?
TGIFugate

It's All About The Pentiums

Post by TGIFugate »

My parents own a small local computer store and for televison and radio commercials we had It's All About The Pentiums playing. I'm sure we could get in some trouble for using it without Al's permission but it made for a good small town commerical! :lookround:
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

You'd probably get in more trouble from Puffy. 8) <---- Pentiums Smiley.
aintafraidofy3k
Occasional

Post by aintafraidofy3k »

There was one for if you've performed Al songs live, ...

Where?
A chicken that barks like a dog cannot get to the other side of the road.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Y3K... try this thread.
autrefois
Die-hard Fan

Post by autrefois »

I think this is close enough to on topic to be posted here, instead of me creating a new topic that probably wouldn't go very far.

A couple weeks ago, I reused an exercise in class that I had almost forgotten about. I teach French, and in one of the lessons of our textbook, students have to learn the verbs "courir" (which means "to run") and "rire" (which means "to laugh").

So I made a handout and used a picture of Weird Al and the cover of "Running with Scissors." Students had to fill in the appropriate verbs. Only the first two sentences had to do with Weird Al (I've translated them here):

1) I like to listen to the music of Weird Al. It's very funny, so I laugh.

2) On the cover of a CD, Weird Al runs with scissors. That's dangerous!

It sounds lame I guess, but a few students laughed in both of my sections. I asked if anyone likes Weird Al, and it turns out that in each section there were 3 or 4 students who liked Weird Al (I suspect there's more, but they're probably just didn't want to admit it!).

Also, I mentioned in another thread that I played "Christmas at Ground Zero" for my students in France, and they REALLY liked it. I was surprised! Of course with 9-11 now, I guess I won't be doing that again. Not to mention that since Al came out with "Genius in France," I'm not sure if they'd even allow his music into the country!! :)
kidcid
Obsessed

Post by kidcid »

Kevin and I have created our own "Weird Al" Karaoke (CDG Format). We call ourselves Demented Karaoke. It's only for personal use (We don't share on the internet, or sell our discs) but we have a nice little collection built up.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Even though it had nothing to do with it, last year in science we used "Albuquerque" (the beginning and donut parts) in our video on tornadoes. :lookround:
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
doggans
Die-hard Fan

Post by doggans »

Not yet, but...we will be using Al's music in some of our short comedy films coming up. (Not for sale, of course)
"Wow, another triple negative!"