Chicken Bermuda

Here you can show your graphics skills or any program made of Weird Al.

Moderator: Moderators

Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Over in the Ak & Zuie topic, Scottidog wondered about Steve Jay,
I wonder if he knows how to make Chicken Bermuda?

Well, somebody here probably does. So post your recipes for your imagined version of Chicken Bermuda.

It has to include chicken (d'oh!)

It has to include broccoli, because both times Bermuda did an online chat with us, he was cooking chicken and broccoli for dinner.

Extra points if the recipe includes chicken drumsticks :P and if it can be made while typing in an internet chatroom. This pretty much rules out stir fries, IMHO. :lol:

Mucho extra points for cute topical music references.

Have at it!
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Well, let's see...

It would need to have Cheez Whiz in the recipe too. Perhaps with a little chocolate pudding for dessert.
Aron
Obsessed

Post by Aron »

so any recipe with chicken and broccoli?
Aron-- Only the second accordionist to ever sit in the trunk of Torsoboy's DeLorean. Al was the first.
-- Visit my art blog at http://aronjshay.tumblr.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; --
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Sure, why not? The Google ads for this topic are already offering me nothing but chicken recipes! :D
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
Aron
Obsessed

Post by Aron »

Well, if you have a crock pot--- you can start this and let it cook all day, and get a lovely meal--

Depending on how many people will be eating--- you can get a pack of chicken drumsticks--- about 6 or 7 drumsticks. If only one is eating, you can store some in the fridge for later.

you will need:

Chicken Drumsticks
Broccoli

and depending on your preferences:

potatoes
carrots
onions (small boiling onions or regular yellow onions)
celery

Salt
pepper

seasonings. Now--- this can be your favorite. I personally use Bell's All Natural Salt Free seasoning, or Old Bay lemon and herb.

1. Remove drumsticks from the packaging and wash in water. Remove excess fatty skin with a knife if you like. ALWAYS KEEP MEAT UTENSILS AND CUTTING BOARDS SEPERATE FROM THE VEGETABLES AND WASH IN HOT SOAPY WATER.

Place the chicken legs in the bottom of the crock pot--- the more level they are, the better. It makes it easier. Sprinkle them with salt, pepper and seasoning.

2. Peel potatoes if you like or just cut them into chunks. Place those on the chicken. baby carrots make it easy--- just dump em in.

3. Add the other vegetables, and I would suggest putting broccoli on the top or waiting until the last hour or two of cooking. if they just soak in the broth, they can get soggy. As for onions, boiling onions will need to be peeled. Regular onions can be peeled and cut into quarters, or just rings. I love em as much as the chicken so I put in a lot of onion.

4. Add 1/4 cup water depending on the size of your crock pot. This water starts up the simmering.

Finally, sprinkle some salt and pepper on, and then some seasonings.

Because it's drumstick chicken, I like to be extra careful. I will stay around all day and cook the meal on the high setting to be safe. Always have a meat thermometor handy to make sure the inside of the chicken is cooked all the way through.

Plan on 6 or 7+ hours of cooking. You can't overcook it--- just be careful about making sure the meat is cooked through all the way.

Serving--- I've cooked this in the dorm many times. It's messy food so I just serve out of bowls. It's like having vegetables, soup, and a meat dish all in one. Also if you're daring, you can sprinkle cheese on it when it's served.

It's sort of a mishmash of food--- but it's easy as can be to make.
Aron-- Only the second accordionist to ever sit in the trunk of Torsoboy's DeLorean. Al was the first.
-- Visit my art blog at http://aronjshay.tumblr.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; --
thepowerofpolka
Addicted

Post by thepowerofpolka »

Wow. :up: That's a lot of stuff.
"Why would I wanna eat liver? I don't even like liver."
Aron
Obsessed

Post by Aron »

Yeah you can pretty much match it to whatever you want. The joy of a crock pot is throwing random food in and letting it cook all day.

You could probabaly put just chicken and Broccoli in and it would be all good.

Mmmmm..... chicken and broccoli crock pot style--- *drool*
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Gee, I only cooked ramen noodles when I was in college...
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

Orthography Enthusiast @ May 22 2005, 10:52 PM wrote: It has to include broccoli, because both times Bermuda did an online chat with us, he was cooking chicken and broccoli for dinner.
Back in the day, when Jon used to chat on MIRC, I asked him once, "What's for dinner?" His reply: "Chicken and broccoli." :lol:

~Allison
Alfie
09/13/96 - 07/11/08
Rest well, my sweet prince
Aron
Obsessed

Post by Aron »

scottidog @ Jun 3 2005, 05:34 PM wrote: Gee, I only cooked ramen noodles when I was in college...
lol

I dont have a car and I usually have to spend the breaks (like spring break) in the dorm so last fall I bought a crock pot for 20 bucks and if theres a break or a long work weekend (stuck in the dorm room nonstop), I'll have someone pick up a bunch o' chicken and stuff for me and in return, I'll cook it and serve a meal.

it beats cafeteria food.

As for ramen, I stopped eating it because theres so much sodium.

I'll have to see if theres a way to steam broccoli with only a crock pot. We dont have an oven and microwaves were banned (yet crock pots and rice cookers are actually allowed). It's an odd dorm.

at the first college, we had an community oven, were allowed microwaves, but toasters, coffee makers, rice cookers and crock pots were banned.