Al Remix Album - Submissions Wanted!

Here you can show your graphics skills or any program made of Weird Al.

Moderator: Moderators

27-77
Die-hard Fan

Post by 27-77 »

Most of the remixes that were supposed to be on this CD are on this forum. All of nerd42's remixes, Confessions, and 1 or 2 others...
bryce87
Obsessed

Post by bryce87 »

How do you make thses? How does one extract vocals etc from a cd?
I don't leave home without my pancreas.

Bryce
27-77
Die-hard Fan

Post by 27-77 »

Only a few songs will let you extract vocals. For example, if you tried this with "Your Horoscope For Today", you'd still have a lot of instrumental parts left, and the background vocals would be cut.

There are some audio editing programs which can do stuff like this, but most just say "remove vocals", not "remove music". Adobe Audition is what I use, and I think soundforge does this as well...I'll have to see.
That's as much as I know. I haven't actually done any remixes, I only know how to remove stuff.
Tokusou Sentai Blessranger
Die-hard Fan

Post by Tokusou Sentai Blessranger »

I'm looking forward to hearing this:

White & Nerdy 4-Minute Remix (a W&N battlemix set to the music of Madonna's "4 Minutes")
Dare To Be Stupid Part Two is coming!
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

That would indeed be a challenge, all though it'd be awesome to hear!
Nerd42
Occasional

Post by Nerd42 »

27-77 @ August 21, 2008 02:28 am wrote: Only a few songs will let you extract vocals. For example, if you tried this with "Your Horoscope For Today", you'd still have a lot of instrumental parts left, and the background vocals would be cut.

There are some audio editing programs which can do stuff like this, but most just say "remove vocals", not "remove music". Adobe Audition is what I use, and I think soundforge does this as well...I'll have to see.
That's as much as I know. I haven't actually done any remixes, I only know how to remove stuff.
Can somebody get me the guitar separated on "I'll Sue Ya"? I'd like to set up a Frets On Fire (open source guitar hero) song for it http://fretsonfire.sourceforge.net/
bryce87
Obsessed

Post by bryce87 »

I talked to a guy I know who burns Dolby digital discs and he said there is no way of making remixes such as vocals only drums vocals etc from the original disc that is sold in the stores. He said the only way you guys have the remix of SOL is because someone got the full recordings of each individual track from the studio.
I don't leave home without my pancreas.

Bryce
Nerd42
Occasional

Post by Nerd42 »

bryce87 @ November 04, 2008 12:27 am wrote: I talked to a guy I know who burns Dolby digital discs and he said there is no way of making remixes such as vocals only drums vocals etc from the original disc that is sold in the stores. He said the only way you guys have the remix of SOL is because someone got the full recordings of each individual track from the studio.
That guy doesn't know what he's talking about.
AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Post by AlejandraDD »

Actually, if the guy is talking about this, then he might know what he's talking about, because those are taken from the 5.1 mix of the album, not a regular CD.
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
JDTurnbull272
Addicted

Post by JDTurnbull272 »

Nerd42 @ November 21, 2008 05:37 am wrote: That guy doesn't know what he's talking about.
No, he knows what he is talking about.
Alejandra is right...the mixes that we took the SOL Naked copies from were out of the 5.1 mix.

It is near impossible to FULLY extract any one piece from a typical Audio recording. There are programs and hardware that can assist you in doing a somewhat decent job, but even then, not all recordings work with these. Trust me, I've worked in studios for the past 5 years as a hobby and we've had tons of kids coming in wishing they could do it. We did the best we could, but in the end, it's easier just to re-record the whole thing and it will sound better.
The name is John, but you can call me JD! ^~^