Newbie - trying to have a family meet Al

Where all the new WOWAYers can learn!

Moderator: Moderators

drock

Newbie - trying to have a family meet Al

Post by drock »

Hi, I'm new. Longtime fan of Al. I apologize if this is long winded or the wrong venue for this.

My partner's family has a very special connection to Al's music. Their childhoods weren't full of an abundance of happy moments, but some of the happiest memories they all have is singing along to Al's music with their mom. They lost their mother to cancer 6 years ago and one of the ways they remember her is going Al's show every time he comes through MN.

They have tickets to see him on 8/27 at the MN State Fair. I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to arrange for them to meet him. So far the only contact info I've found is Jay Levey's phone # on a sketchy site. I'm not sure if I should call that or tweet at Al. I'm just trying to set this up as a nice surprise, I don't want to be rude or demanding in the process.

Thanks anyone who has any insights or advice!
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Re: Newbie - trying to have a family meet Al

Post by Muppetboy09 »

It looks like there are still VIP tickets available for that show, and if I'm not mistaken, CID Entertainment allows for a VIP Upgrade on already purchased tickets. That's probably going to be your best course of action. Best of luck!
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic