Hangin' 27 - Part Dos

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

IzzFizzBizz
Occasional

Post by IzzFizzBizz »

im gonna try to make a clay accordion - try being the key word.
im BAA-ACK

omg WEIRD AL ONE OF THE JUDGES OF INTERNATIONAL SONG WRITING CONETEST? RELIENT K? DR.DEMENTO? THE KINKS?
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

When I was in high school, one of my friends made me a clay accordion as an art project. I still have it too.
"Mr. Kim, we're Starfleet officers. Weird is just part of the job." -Captain Janeway
M_Robertcop
Addicted

Post by M_Robertcop »

Patti the goodies you make are amazing, I would love to try one someday.

I've always wanted to make one my homemade cakes for Al & TBITB but I haven't a clue how I'd get it in the venue.
You're gonna take a walk in the rain and you're gonna get wet... I predict.
IzzFizzBizz
Occasional

Post by IzzFizzBizz »

ok, i know what TBITB is, but what does it stand for??
im BAA-ACK

omg WEIRD AL ONE OF THE JUDGES OF INTERNATIONAL SONG WRITING CONETEST? RELIENT K? DR.DEMENTO? THE KINKS?
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

IzzFizzBizz @ Mar 16 2008, 03:21 AM wrote: ok, i know what TBITB is, but what does it stand for??
Either "The Boys In The Band" or "The Best In The Business"

(and yes, we've already had the discussion about the propriety of calling a bunch of fully grown-up and greatly talented musicians "boys.")
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Marissa, I brought Jon a birthday cake back in 2004. I saw a show at Meadowbrook, and had no problem carrying my totebag with all my stuff and the cake in it into that venue. I knew Fred was going backstage, so she took it back to him. I had it in this kinda nifty bag that keeps whatever is in it cold for several hours. I think Al and TBiTB would love to get a homemade cake from you.

As far as the Hawaiian print accordion idea, I'm now leaning toward a small cake, because then, I could sculpt it. I have some kinda cool ideas as to how I'm gonna do it. I cropped the little girl out of the original picture, and enlarged it, so this is what I have to work with. I think I can get a fair idea of what to do from that.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
WeirdAlsBestFriend
Obsessed

Post by WeirdAlsBestFriend »

I found this on the Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged Series website.
Jeffrey Dahmer rules!
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Wow, what a nice thread. Not one negative comment, and the person who thought "Which Backstreet Boy is Gay" was by Al thanked the person who said it wasn't. That's great!
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

What I liked about that Yu-gi-oh thread was all the appreciation for Al's ORIGINAL songs.
I counted mentions of:

The Night Santa Went Crazy (3x)
Hardware Store (3x)
Albuquerque (2x)
Dare to be Stupid (2x)
Your Horoscope For Today
Spy Hard
Pancreas
WBUL
Virus Alert

If Al has a compilation album in his current contract, I think it should be of his own songs for a change. Add in Biggest Ball of Twine, One More Minute, maybe You Don't Love Me Any More... you've got yourself an album. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Just think, without the Internets we'd still be deprived of the true details of Al's early life.

Weird Al is an american parody musician and general all around crazy, eccentric fruitcake whose albums are produced by Scotti Bros. Records. Occasionally, he almost makes the accordion sound kewl. I hear they absolutely adore him in Japan. Some like him on the other side of the Pacific too. Born in 1822, he was raised by rastafarian wolves and amish lowland gorilla coalminers until the age of thirteen, where he got his first poster of Farrah Fawcett-Majors and the rest was history.