weirdal.com update archives

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Well, I did find what was mentioned on the FAQ, but when was that put there? Anyone know?

My head hurts.... :onfire:
haroldwaide
Regular

Post by haroldwaide »

I'm not sure. I nticed it earlier this evening. ALong with the new intro page.

Harold.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Thanks for the link, Anth. But the release date for that (woo hoo, BTW!!!) is April 15. Do we have two big things coming up? Or three if AYUA isn't the May 20th release?

My head is going to explode! Too much excitement...

at the bottom of the page it says the release date had been pushed back, so it is no longer 4/15. I guess AL is too concerned with his taxes to put anything out that day. So I'm thinking that will be the 5/20 release, since nothing has been added to wa.com about the Videos.

Mike
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

Well, my mom works for a video/DVD distribution company (aka takes orders from video stores, gets movies from companies) and I can order stuff from her (that's why I got UHF 5 days before street date!) but "The Videos " was pulled back to do more work. Official company word of mouth.
haroldwaide wrote:
Yes, it says "On Sale May 20th, and No, it doesn't say what it is on the splash page...You just aren't digging deep enough for the inFormation regarding the Answer to your Question

Now that's a rather sly way of hinting towards something.
Okay... I didn't get that... the inFormation??? sorry If i seem stupid.
Or three if AYUA isn't the May 20th release?
If I look stupid again... AYUA???

Sorry had to clear that up.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

If I look stupid again... AYUA???
Sorry had to clear that up.

don't feel bad... that's not one of the Official CanonicAL Abbreviations. AYUA= As Yet Unnamed Album.

To be supported, of course, by the Tour With No Name. :D
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

'Nother concert added. Check it out...

<Scottidog hears OE doing the happy dance!>
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

And kudos to you, you scooped Bermuda!
Well, I'm sure he knew about it before I did; he just didn't tell about it before I did. And it's likely that he also reads the L.A. Times, at least on Thursdays.

Certainly I've known about it for a while... that, and many other things it would be premature to discuss now. I was asked to wait until the official ad appeared in the Sunday paper, but knowing that most of those sections are already available Saturday, I made the update late Friday. If I'd known the info was made available Thursday, I'd have posted Wednesday!

There's lots happening, it will be a busy few months before the tour starts! I'll try and get the Gallery updated though, I see it's been a while!
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

Oh, and if you don't mind a suggestion...

It would be interesting to know about the webpage stats. You know, how many hits, how many visitors, that kind of thing.

When we're on tour or there's a new album, there are a lot of hits on the home page. In-between albums and tours, it's a bit less.

At its height during Running With Scissors, we were transferring 25-30g a month - that's a LOT for a site containing mostly files under 30k!!
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Hmmm.... Updated on 4/1/03..... Come on, Al! Please don't play with my mind like this!

"Snags" I can understand.... Dude, you look so stressed. Of course we'll wait. And, of course, it will be worth the wait. (And I mean the FOUR YEARS not just the extra few days.)

But if it will make you feel better for making me wait, I'll be happy to take a hug from you at the SLO show!

Woo Hoo! A new Album!!
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

I posted a rather cogent April Fool's story, and then realized that it wasn't very obviously a gag and might be taken seriously, even if only for a day.

Everything's back to nornal now.