Generic Al Blather 3.0

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

If I made it to an Alcon and they did that, I'd know what I'd do.
WaffleQueen27
Obsessed

Post by WaffleQueen27 »

weirdalfan95 @ Apr 16 2008, 04:46 AM wrote: Fox News [in Chicago] played a clip of Eat It cause some guy ate over 400 oysters in ten minutes. Interesting.
the mental image of some dude chowing on oysters while that's playing in the background is astonishingly funny.
"Like a zero drowning in a sea of higher numbers, I remain as ever intrigued, but no more astounded."
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Orthography Enthusiast @ Mar 6 2008, 08:05 PM wrote: Did you mean the Plymouth Belvedere that he got from his parents (after writing a song about it)? Or the Toyota that he gave to MTV to be painted up like a Hawaiian shirt and awarded as a prize to a very disappointed contest winner? Or the convertible in the Mothership gallery? Or the car in the W&N video with the quite stationary rims?

No, we've never discussed Al's car. :P
Or what about this possible white Porsche?
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
weirdalisthephantomoftheopera
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by weirdalisthephantomoftheopera »

A few weeks ago, as I said here, I performed IAATP at my Saturday program and I got a great response. This week, I decided to perform Polkarama! Well, let's just say, it freaking rocked! Everyone loved it and they were all laughing! I chose Polkarama because the program is made up of teens and it seemed the most logical choice, seeing as they know the songs. I used the instrumental off the dual disc (thanks to Stephen who sent it to me) and I plan to do more Al songs in the future. Its a nice way to express myself by representing one of the things I love, plus the kids respond to his music well. :)
"Beneath this pillow is the key to my release...I believe she misinterpreted my intentions entirely."

~Meli
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

That's great that the performance went so well, Meli.
And Peggy
WeirdMary0427
Obsessed

Post by WeirdMary0427 »

I would love to perform My Bologna or AORTB at a talent show at my school. I may need an accordion with more buttons, though. All I have is a 12 bass.
The Doctor
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by The Doctor »

weirdalisthephantomoftheopera @ Apr 19 2008, 06:49 PM wrote: (thanks to Stephen who sent it to me)
Aww, shucks. :S
Anything to help.
Besides, I already had them copied from the DVD, it's my pleasure to help to help you avoid that annoyance.
I need to re-do Pancreas... because I cut off too much silence at the start, so I can't do the "wooooEEEEEEooooo" part.... yeah...
Silence will fall.
Deliriously Dedicated

I believe I'll need DICYO for two weeks from today. Mwuahahahahahaha!
"Beneath this pillow is the key to my release...I believe she misinterpreted my intentions entirely."

~Meli
M_Robertcop
Addicted

Post by M_Robertcop »

That is awesome Meli, I know I had a act for OMM which involved props but alas the talent show at my school was based on how skimpy an outfit you could "dance" in...

Speaking of instrumental tracks... anyone have one for "Melanie"?
You're gonna take a walk in the rain and you're gonna get wet... I predict.
Deliriously Dedicated

Thanks everyone! I was really nervous and I didn't want to explain and give it away before I started so all I said was, "You're going to hear and song...and it shall change...a lot. Expect the unexpected!" I believe the biggest laugh was during "Candy Shop," then again, the original makes you wonder why they let that stuff play on the radio!

Sorry, I don't have "Melanie", some programs can take out the vocal track, but a bit of an echoed singing remains and if you're recording something over it, you'll be disappointed. Maybe someone else can help you there. :)

~Meli