Mandatory Fun (Album 14) Speculation :3

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Re: Mandatory Fun Timeline/Spoiler Updates

Post by AlejandraDD »

Not parodiable does not equal "can't include in the polka". Those are two different things
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
jacobpacek
Regular

Re: Mandatory Fun (Album 14) Speculation :3

Post by jacobpacek »

spmahn wrote:You would never get this early from Target, all street dated media comes in boxes with big letters on them that say STREET DATED DO NOT DISPLAY BEFORE XX/XX/XXXX, and the POS systems are setup so that they won't even allow such items to be sold before the street date, you would get denied at the register and there is no way for it to be overridden.
There's a guy on this forum who was handed the album, and he went to check out and the worker's screen said they couldn't sell it. That's why people are starting to try self checkout. It's worth a try. You don't lose anything.
Let me be your stripper.

Lansing MI: 7/11/07
Jackson MI: 9/23/07
Chesaning MI: 7/17/08
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

right. so IF you are able to obtain a physical copy of the album, you would need to either straight-up steal it, or scam the register system by scanning a different disc first.
taste is only something if it is yours.
jacobpacek
Regular

Post by jacobpacek »

Marko_The_Odd wrote:I got rid of the apology part then.
Let me be your stripper.

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

jacobpacek wrote:
spmahn wrote:You would never get this early from Target, all street dated media comes in boxes with big letters on them that say STREET DATED DO NOT DISPLAY BEFORE XX/XX/XXXX, and the POS systems are setup so that they won't even allow such items to be sold before the street date, you would get denied at the register and there is no way for it to be overridden.
There's a guy on this forum who was handed the album, and he went to check out and the worker's screen said they couldn't sell it. That's why people are starting to try self checkout. It's worth a try. You don't lose anything.
My Target doesn't have self-checkout, but my local Wal-Mart does. I know I've bought items there before which were flagged for one reason or another. The screen said that I needed an employee to override something and the light went on calling a cashier to help. Probably something similar would happen with this if you tried self-checkout.
spmahn
Die-hard Fan

Post by spmahn »

jacobpacek wrote:
Well I mean you'll lose time if you place any value on that, maybe gas in your car if you have to drive any distance, there just isn't any way at all to override the POS system. Does Target even use self checkouts in any of their stores? I've never seen them.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Okay, the constant gifs are starting to get really annoying.
Yup.
Die-hard Fan
Awards: Best Yankochick (-18) Nominee

Re: Mandatory Fun Timeline/Spoiler Updates

Post by Yup. »

AlejandraDD wrote:Not parodiable does not equal "can't include in the polka". Those are two different things
I know, I never said they couldn't. I'm just surprised we didn't "decode" that interview yet.
Shows:
10-21-12 Rutland VT
06-02-13 Port Chester NY
10-08-13 Verona NY
07-14-15 Verona NY
07-30-15 Port Chester NY
Marko_The_Odd
Die-hard Fan

Post by Marko_The_Odd »

Don't blame him, it's the only way his generation can actually communicate.
jacobpacek
Regular

Post by jacobpacek »

Bruce the Duck wrote:Okay, the constant gifs are starting to get really annoying.
Agreed and I tried to immediately delete it but it wouldn't let me.
Let me be your stripper.