Messages For Al And Suzanne

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

artmans92stealth

Post by artmans92stealth »

Hey Al, im greatly sorry to hear about ur parents, i have been a long time fan of yours since i was little and have been to 5 concerts when u have been in my area, my mother passed away just before i turned 16, so i can imagine what u are goin through right now, you have always brought a smile to my face when i listen to your work, my thoughts and my prayers are with you and your family, this is my 1st post on this forum, and i truly wish it was for a more joyful topic, but i just want you to know i look up to you and consider u a role model, my heart and wishes go out to you and your family

sincerely..

Art Auman Jr
justsayyes

Post by justsayyes »

My sincere condolences to you and your family, Al. God bless you.

Diana Colletti
millie
Regular

Post by millie »

Dear Al,

I have had this reply window open for several hours now, trying to think of something I could write which might possibly give you comfort during this hard time.
I can barely understand what it must be like to loose both parents at the same time, I have only lost one person in my life, I guess I am lucky.
When I first heard of your parents death I had just come back from holidays in Tasmania (I live in Melbourne, Australia) my mind went blank and my heart started pumping fast. I try not to think about it, the only problem is, I do.
Although I never met Nick or Mary, I have found that through my love of your music I have a connection with them and care about them as if they were part of my own family.
Though I am not religious, and do not believe in life after death, I do know that they loved you, that they were happy and suffered no pain.
I'm glad you know that we, the fans, care about you and that we will continue to give our support during this time and the years to come.

My condolences to you and your family and friends,

Millie
the42guy
Occasional

Post by the42guy »

Dear Al (and family):

When I read the story, I couldn't believe it. I was at a loss for words (and I still am, to an extent). But this is what I managed to come up with:

Al, I cant understand something like this. I've never really "lost" anybody. So I have no idea how this must feel. But the feeling I get in my heart from this feels so bad - so I can only imagine.

Al, feel good that you spread joy and happiness to the world. The closest person I ever lost was actually Douglas Adams (dont laugh). When I learned, I listened to your music.

When I didnt get into my college's improv comedy group (a big deal for me), I listened to you.

When I feel down in the dumps, you always manage to raise me up.

Al, you're in my prayers, because you are a special person - my idol.

Not many people have the type of fame and success you do: the type where you actually hang out with fans, where you make everyone from age 4 to 100 laugh.

Let me tell you: I got the lucky chance to meet you on November 5, 2003, in Santa Ana. I introduced myself so nervously... I showed you my drivers license - because I had the same birthday as you. You said "Wow! That's Crazy!" and then, to my extreme pleasure, wished me a happy belated birthday. That really meant so much to me, so I barely managed to get out a "ditto" before I left. But just the fact that you do this sort of thing should make you proud - that was a great moment for me, and it was because you were being nice, just like you always are.

I know it doesn't help much, because I don't know the pain you must be enduring. But know that you've managed to help a lot of my other pain, and my sincerest hope is that your pain will diminish over time. The sad truth is, it will never go away. The happy truth is, you make me, and thousands of other people - happy.

And no one, no thing, can ever take that away from you.

May you continue to create happiness for years to come.

Hobie "the42guy" Thompson
djgrrrl
Occasional

Post by djgrrrl »

I couldn't believe what I read this morning when I got my CNN.com daily updates. I am so sorry for you and your family. What wonderful, loving parents they must have been (and so proud of you).

I'm sure they are smiling approvingly knowing their son, even in his time of grieving, was thoughtful enough to take the time to post a message so the thousands of concerned strangers who visit his website can get the real story....

Kiss Nina-ballerina for me....

Corisa
(Djgrrrl)
Manda
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Manda »

Dear Al,

I have posted before, but I want to say,

I read your message, and it almost made me cry. Your music has cheered me a lot during hard times. I'm glad its helping you. Take care of yourself and your family. I know why your parents were proud of you, you are nice, caring, and talented. Your parents well be missed. They were good people, and they have a great son.

Sorry for your loss.

Love
Manda
Al team # 2836
angela27
Occasional

Post by angela27 »

Dear Al,

I know there is really nothing I can say that will change anything. Just know that you and your family will be in my prayers. I posted elsewhere on these forums that I truly belive death is not an end, especially in the light of the Easter holiday. I know things like this are never easy for us folks that are left behind, but I know you'll bear it gracefully, and I hope you have hope in God's promise.

God bless,
Angela
Rochester, NY
UnclePeJa

Post by UnclePeJa »

We LOVE YOU AL!

Thank you for sharing your Mom and Dad with the rest of the World.

Please know that we all are thinking of you and your family in this time of your grief.
lisae68

Post by lisae68 »

Dear Al,

I'd like to extend my condolences to you and your family. To mourn in itself is hard for anyone to go through, to have to do it publicly adds another weight altogether. May you eventually come out of the tunnel of pain and loss and remember your parents as they would want you to and find peace.

With Sincere Regrets,
Lisa Eicker
Garrison, NY
noxaura

Post by noxaura »

Dear Al,
My family and I are very sad for your loss. We only have an vague idea what you must be going through. My godfather's parents died the same way here in New York over a year ago. We are very sorry and we have much sympathy. You are in our prayers and thoughts.
Blessed Be,
~Christy