Messages For Al And Suzanne

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

Johnnytimewarp
Occasional

Post by Johnnytimewarp »

Please allow me to quote someone infinitely more talented with words than I...

"When you're sad and when you're lonely and you haven't got a friend
Just remember that death is not the end
And all that you've held sacred, falls down and does not mend
Not the end, not the end
Just remember that death is not the end"

"When you're standing at the crossroads that you cannot comprehend
And all your dreams have vanished and you don't know what's up the bend
Not the end, not the end

"When the storm clouds gather 'round you, and heavy rains descend
And there's no one there to comfort you, with a helpin' hand to lend
Not the end, not the end

"Oh, the tree of life is growing
Where the spirit never dies
And the bright light of salvation shines
In dark and empty skies"

"When the cities are on fire with the burning flesh of men
And you search in vain to find just one law abiding citizen
Not the end, not the end

(from "Death Is Not the End" by Bob Dylan, 1988)

Johnny Timewarp, WFCS 107.7 FM, New Britain, CT
Accordion Mom
Die-hard Fan

Post by Accordion Mom »

Al, there are no words to adequately express our sympathy to you and all your loved ones. Every attempt to create a sentiment sounds banal as we cannot imagine the depth of your loss.

I just want to share this: As budding accordionists, we used to say, "Thanks to Weird Al we are now playing and enjoying the accordion on our own." I'd like to add, "Thanks to Nick & Mary for choosing the accordion for little Alfred". I doubt we would be influenced the same had they chosen the guitar. I want to express that they have profoundly affected our lives even though we have never met.

We wish there was something more we could do for you. It seems like YOU are always there to help us forget our trials for a while, even if it is only a recording. We owe you so much!

We saw you last year at King's Island, Ohio. If you continue touring we'll see you again August 22nd with outstretched arms, wishing they could return some comfort to you. In the meantime, you are in our thoughts and prayers. It's all we can do for now.

Suzanne, God bless you and give you strength to be Al's support at this time and always. It's true, behind every great man is a great woman. You and Nina are truly a blessing to Al.

As a wife, my heart aches for you. Since my in-laws are in failing health, I am preparing for the time I will be needed most by my husband. There is no way one can prepare for such as you have had to endure. I wish I could do something for you too. Know that you are being thought of and prayed for as well.

(((HUGS))) 1 for Al, 1 for Suzanne & 1 for little Nina.

Most sincerely,
AccordionMom aka Linda
Spokesmom for the Cincinnati Turner Family
Here comes the FUN, do-do-do-do!
Stupidhippie
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Stupidhippie »

Al and Suzanne,
I just want to say that my deepest and sincerest condolences go out to you in this time of sorrow. I have never met Nick or Mary but, I have met Al briefly twice. He is one of the most down to earth, kindest sweetest giving people I have ever met and that is a DIRECT reflection of both Nick and Mary. What I have seen of them in little videos, 'The Weird Al Show", and Weird Al Live, just proved it's true. Al, you have let your fans see into your family and that makes us feel like part of it. We feel loss here too. Not near as much but, know that we are thinking of you and your family right now. I'm just so sorry. I send my love and hugs to all of you. I want you to know that you are all in my prayers. You've always been there when I need you the most. I'm here for you too. Never forget if God brings you to it he will bring you through it. You're all in my heart.

Jenni B.
St. Joseph, MI
Attention Michiana Al fans. I will be on Fox 28 Morning show on October 12th 8:00 hour. Wheeeee
weirdLA_8235
Regular
Location: USA ,Missouri(Branson/Kirbyville)...in the south/southwest bit of Missouri..sorta

Post by weirdLA_8235 »

Al and Suzanne,
When I first heard the news I could barely believe it.
Nick and Mary ? Gone?
I can't express my deep sympathies for you all, and I know how it is to lose someone near to you.I lost a close friend, near my fiance, due to carbon monoxide poisioning and the lack of a detector.
I am very sorry to hear the sad news,but am glad they at least got to see thier son in concert,and all the hundreds of thousands fans adoring him.
I am very sorry and express my deepest concerns
I will keep y'all in my prayers
Lauran H. M.,(Missouri)
a.k.a WeirdLA(ura)_8235
tjorourke
Occasional

Post by tjorourke »

Dear Al and Suzanne,
You brought many of us great joy by introducing us to your parents long ago. Many of us feel as though you and they are part of our extended family and we feel your loss as great as an outsider can possibly feel. Feel some comfort in knowing that many people care for you and also feel pain in your time of pain. We love you. My kids and husband were as devastated as I. We've always hoped to eventually meet you and your parents and invite you over for a wonderful vegan meal.....like a member of our family.
We will pray for you and we will continue to think about you all as members of our family.

Tina O'Rourke ;(
wkbodine112

Post by wkbodine112 »

Dearest Al,

My daughter and I are life-long fans, and you're like one of the family, a very dear friend who has made us laugh and brought us closer together as mother and daughter. One of our fondest memories together is getting 2nd row seats to one of your many up-close-and-personal concerts. We were saddened to hear on the news Monday morning 4/12 about the passing of Nick and Mary, and we appreciate your taking the time in your grief to send a message to your fans. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Al--you've been such a blessing to so many, and I pray in your time of need, those blessings come back to you a hundred fold. "We'll never know, until we get to Heaven, how much we are truly loved." Please find comfort, Al, in the knowledge that your precious Mom and Dad not only know you, Suzanne, Nina, and all your family love them, but now they feel the love of thousands (perhaps millions) of your fans, who are grateful to them for the wonderful job they did in raising you, for putting that accordion in your hands at such a young age, and for letting you pursue your dreams. We love them as we love you. May that love comfort and sustain you in your tough time.

Your Close Personal Friends Forever,

Wendy and Rachel Bodine
Monroe Twp., NJ
DrDecay
Addicted

Post by DrDecay »

Dear Al and Suzanne:

I know everything has already been said and done, and you have heard all the condolences you can possibly hear. However I would like to send you mine. I am very sorry of your parents passing, I mean who would of known that somthing this tragic would happen to some one who brings so much joy into people lives that he might never come accross. I hope both of you the best, and to keep the music going strong.

Kris
dowland

Post by dowland »

I'm a new member here, I'll leave my message later, but here is one from my wife, Sue ...

I'm really sorry to hear about your parents, but keeping yourself busy is the best thing you can do.

My father in law passed away on March 11th 2004 after a 3 month battle with lung cancer. We had tickets to see your show on March 27th at the College of Dupage in Glenn Ellen Illinois with our son and daughter.

We went, and we had a great time, and it felt good to laugh. So even though we were geiving, you helped us alot. Even though your grievng, just remember while you're out there entertaining, there might be someone else grieving for their own loss. And your helping yourself and them by bringing some laughter to help ease the pain.

God bless you Al, Suzanne, Nina, and your parents.

Susan Fontana (Dowlands wife)
Fritz

Post by Fritz »

Well Al, if you ever see this... here goes. The name's Bob Dietz. Graduated Lynwood in '73. You were friends with some guys I knew pretty well, Frank Sanchez, Ron Crowe, several others. I played guitar, thought I was too cool for myself, I guess.

My most heartfelt and deepest condolences on the loss of your Mom and Dad. I was really stunned when I heard the sad news. My nieces and nephews all cried when they heard the news. They all asked if you were gonna be okay. I assured them that you would be sad for awhile, but that "Wierd Al's" Mom and Dad were in heaven now.

Myself and my family have kept you in our thoughts and prayers. I do truly hope this coming Mother's and Father's day won't be too hard for you. Having lost my own Mom recently, I can understand... a little, anyway. God bless you Al, I know you will miss them greatly. Again, I am truly sorry my friend. No one deserves something like this.

I'd like to go on record, and apologize if I was ever a jerk to you back in school. I guess I thought I was cool, and you were this funny little guy with odd clothes and a red 'fro... when I first saw you at Lynwood High. I'm really proud of all you've done, Al... as I'm sure all of us from Lynwood are. You've brought happiness and joy to so many folks, wish we could bring you some now!

Last time you played the OC Fair, I ran into Frank, Ron, and several of the guys from Lynwood you knew. Looking forward to bringing my nieces and nephews to see you there this summer! I hope each day gets a little easier for you. Our hearts, our thoughts and prayers are with you and yours, Al.

Fritz B)
Kitten
Obsessed

Post by Kitten »

MODEDIT: Offtopic message deleted.
w00t