Messages For Al And Suzanne

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

squishsquashgirl
Obsessed

Post by squishsquashgirl »

Dear Al and family,

I don't know what to say. Although I did not know Nick and Mary at all, I know how they affected your lives. I know that there is nothing I as a fan can do to ease the pain, but I hope that you can take some small comfort in knowing that somewhere out there in this crazy mixed out universe of ours, there's still a little fanbase who loves you all, and are praying for you every night.

Rest in Peace, Nick and mary.

And God Bless You, Al.

Love, Alicia
Squashmon

Post by Squashmon »

Dearest Al,

I'm so sorry for you. You have done nothing to deserve such a terrible thing. Please give me more to do. I've installed plenty of CO detectors and donated. Please, let me help you. I feel so terrible about what happened. I've lost some relatives but none as close as my parents. If there's abosolutely anything that I can do for you please tell me! Your pain must go straight to the heart and sink in. Though it came quickly it won't leave you as fast. I'll pray for you everynight. I'm sure that your parents made it to heaven. They have a good sense of direction (or so I'm told).

Squashmon
May god bless you and your family. ;( :(
jmcmurdo

Post by jmcmurdo »

Dear Al,

We have been fans of yours for many many years now. Your parents did a great job raising such a great person. God rest their souls.

You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Jym, Sandy, and Maggie McMurdo
Harvey Hamster
Occasional
Location: In a box under the stairs in the basement half a block down the street from Jerry's Bait shop

Post by Harvey Hamster »

Dear Al,

I am very sad that your parents have passed away and it very hard to think about what you and your family are going through at the moment. I cannot compare the sadness I feel to the sadness you must be feeling. You're parents seemed like extremely kind people and it's nice to know that they died in peace. Don't let Nina ever forget the incredible grandparents she had. There isn't much more I can say other than that I am amazed by how strong you have remained since hearing the news and that you are able to continue with your work. It takes an incredibly strong person to do that and further proves your loyalty to your fans and if you ever feel the need to take a break from the tour we will all understand. I will pray for you and your family every night. God Bless you all.

With love,
Chris Helyer
A.K.A Harvey Hamster
JessaMary

Post by JessaMary »

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your wife, and your daughter. From what I understand, your parents were Christians, and now, they are with our Lord.

And, I wanted to tell you that your "message" on weirdal.com is beautifully written. I don't know if I could write with such clarity after my parents were killed.

Go hug your daughter...I know when I am very sad, a hug from my 19 month old son does wonders.

From a fan you've never met, and probably never will,
Jessica Frank Leichsenring
Marian

Post by Marian »

Dear Al,

I'm very sorry for your loss. I can't know your pain or all the emotions you feel right now; All I can truly say is no matter how difficult and sad every thing is now, you will feel better in the future. You will never forget your parents death or your pain, but you will also remember the joy and love you shared as a family. It will never be the same without them, but I hope you will find comfort that you had a chance to have them as parents, to be with them and love them while they were on this earth. May your friends and family help keep you strong.

One of your many fans,
Marian Bayusik
Wallingford, Connecticut
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

Al,

I spent a fair while last night composing mental notes about what to say to you and your family in these troubling times.

The tragedy you are experiencing is one nobody should have to know, especially a man who has brought so much love, laughter and joy into the hearts of people everywhere.

In June '03, I lost my grandmother to a number of causes, so I know, to an extent, the pain you must be feeling. Your music and the support of my family and friends helped me get past the worst of it, but it still hurts to talk about her.

In your message on the website, you write:
"I take some small measure of comfort in knowing that they died peacefully, and that they never had to suffer through the pain and loneliness of living without each other."
We fans also take comfort in knowing how close you are to Suzanne, the band and ourselves, who can all be with you for the love and support everybody needs at the passing of loved ones.

Continuing the tour like you have been was a brave move on your behalf, and your statement on the subject was deeply touching:
"I’ve heard from so many people over the years that my music has cheered them up in times of tragedy… well, I thought maybe my music would help me too.

So far, it has."

I love you Al, (and please come to Australia again soon).

--Graeme Newton-Doull.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
weirdalfan105

Post by weirdalfan105 »

Al,

I feel terrible about the loss of your parents. I saw them on....I'm not sure maybe VH1 a while back. I was at your concert in Grand Forks, ND on the 12th. It was absolutly amazing. I'd like you to know that you are one of the most inspiring people that I can think of. I only have two people that I really admire and look up to and they are yourself,Mel Brooks,and Dana Carvey. I hope that you have a great life and I wish you and you family the best of luck. I know that this isn't much compared to the other beautifully written letters that you have recieved but I had to tell you even if it sounds stupid. I just wanted you to know that you have my support and that I really look up to you.

Thank you,
Evan H. (13) (ND)

([email protected])
Silly McMillen

Post by Silly McMillen »

Well, Al...I am sorry to hear the news and lost you have to bear. I hope you are able to in time move on...I know your on tour now and knowing you, you won't want to take a break from that, but if need to I know us Fans will understand, at least I will.

Love you much Al...

not your biggest fan.
haroldwaide
Regular

Post by haroldwaide »

Al,
In my years of being a fan, your music and wonderful sense of humor have helped me through some very tough times. First, let me thank you for that.
After meeting you in Ashland, KY on the last tour, I was impressed by how level-headed you were. Even at how approachable you were.
In your time of loss, please remember that God, and your family and friends will always be there for you. We all care about your happiness and we all hurt along with you. Nick and Mary were truely wonderful people who obviously enjoyed everything they did and were extremely proud of you.
You have my continued prayers during this difficult time. The world will never be the same.

Harold
GO BILLS!!!