Messages For Al And Suzanne

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

Demented Dustin
Regular

Post by Demented Dustin »

Al, Suzanne, and family-
My heart felt condolences go out to you. I never met Al's parents but I fondly recall many video segments they appeared in and often thought what a great set of parents Al has.
They seemed so proud and happy and often would show up in video clips in support of their son. There is nothing I can say that will lessen the pain but just know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Dustin Jablonski
"Everytime I talk about toasters, the subject of bread pops up"-anonymous
felice

Post by felice »

Al & Suzanne,

You both can be assured that a lot of Christians, and indeed, members of other religions in churches around the world are praying for you guys at the moment.

For me personally, being a fan from the UK for at least the last twelve years or so, I was very sorry to hear of the loss of your parents. There's been no coverage at all here in UK of what has happened on the official news services - I only read about it personally on CNN's site. Not even the BBC had anything about it either.

Anyway Al, I hope the funeral services go well. Your parents will be sorely missed by us all.

Peace,

Felice.
celebros27
Addicted

Post by celebros27 »

Dear Al,
I am so sorry about what happened. I feel like I'm losing some one that I know. I feel that I should say this, though, this time is a part of your life that is strengthening you. When you emerge from this tragedy, you will be a better person than you were before. I know that nobody will ever forget your parents because they were such wonderful people, that is what they left for you. Happy memories and laughter. Also, their love for you and the family that you have created, will live on forever, inside of you. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, may God bless you all.
Love Always,
Kari "Nia'a" Edgerton
celebros27
Addicted

Post by celebros27 »

Dear Al,
I am so sorry about what happened. I feel like I'm losing some one that I know. I feel that I should say this, though, this time is a part of your life that is strengthening you. When you emerge from this tragedy, you will be a better person than you were before. I know that nobody will ever forget your parents because they were such wonderful people, that is what they left for you. Happy memories and laughter. Also, their love for you and the family that you have created, will live on forever, inside of you. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, may God bless you all.
Love Always,
Kari "Nia'a" Edgerton
If you can't be with the one you love, then love the one you're with!
modular
Obsessed

Post by modular »

Dear Al,

I won't say much except that the thoughts and prayers of many people will try to help you through this. Also, well done on making the decision to continue working and performing, I'm sure your music will, as you said, help you as well.

Deepest sympathies,
Your only Irish fan,
Dave.
I am gone until June, as a result of the Junior Cert, a very large exam.
dj's mom
Addicted

Post by dj's mom »

Dear Al, Suzanne and family,

When I first saw your parents in the secret file of Running with Scissors I felt like I had known them all my life. They were a composite of my aunts, uncles, grandparents and neighbours that I had known in the past. They had that warmth and humor that they so unselfishly gave you.

I was even a bit disappointed when they didn't introduce you at the Greek last fall(I had unrealistic hopes). I really wanted to see them in person!

Al, take care not to isolate yourself from your family and friends. They're there for you.

Suzanne, so glad he has you and Nina! You will help fill that void.

Love and peace,

Julie Jenkins
Crestline, CA
Deep down, I'm really very shallow.

Accessing my inner blond since 2007.
Shteve

Post by Shteve »

(I hope it's not too late to get a message in. I just found out last night through an announcement in People magazine.)

Al,

Man. What is there to say? I'm at a complete loss for words. I never knew Nick or Mary except through their appearances in your videos and other performances over the years... but they seemed like great people. I felt like, in a way, I did know them somehow.

It's hardly any consolation, I know, but they gave a great gift to the world in you and your music; one that's touched many lives and brought countless fans a great deal of happiness.

I've been one of them for a little over twenty years.

Be strong, Al. We're all with you.

Godspeed, Nick and Mary. :w

Steve & Nancy Karstensen
Middlesex, NJ
Yankovic Farley
Addicted

Post by Yankovic Farley »

Dear Al,

Al, we're here for you. Even though a lot of us didn't "know" your parents, I think we could all tell how how great and nice they were. (What we think probably doesn't even get to how nice they were.) From all your interviews in the past, interviews of your parents for "Driven", and all the other projects your parents were involved with, they really seemed like nice people and I feel like they were members of my family as well. It is no suprise to me why you are the person you are today, seeing on how nice Nick and Mary were. We're all here for you Al, and we hope you're allright in these tough times.

Good luck,

Matt McKeague
Heather
Occasional

Post by Heather »

Al~

I don't know what to say. I'm sorry doesn't seem to cut it, not to me anyway. I had just went to see you in concert, about two or so weeks before, so I was doubly shocked. And ironically, I had heard the news during the commercials of the Dr. Demento show.

It must hurt. I can't say that I understand, because I'm just a kid. I've never had this happen. But your fans still love you. It hurts you, so it hurts us too. I can't speak for everyone, but you are more than a musician to me. I see you as a role model, and a good role model. We can thank your parents for that.

Words don't seem enough. I don't think I can say anything that hasn't already been said. And the things that people always say when tragedy strikes doesn't seem enough.

I hope you find comfort in your family, friends, and music. And your fans. we love you so very much.

I'm only sorry we never had the chance to thank them so much for everything they had done to make you what you are today.

With love
~Heather
Why does Al resemble Ted Kazensky? Because he's the bomb! Shine!
kaztaylor
Requiescat In Pace

Post by kaztaylor »

R.I.P. NICK AND MARY YANKOVIC
They were the parents of a guy
Who is the apple of our eye
Most of us they never met
But affected us they did, you bet
They gave us our own beloved Al,
Who cracks up every guy and gal
With songs we find hilarious
And other projects various.
He's funnier than most by half.
We love him 'cause he makes us laugh!
Without them, we'd not have known this joy.
Thanks Mary and Nick for your wonderful boy!

-Karen Taylor
Praise AL!

Karen/Kaz

AL is all, All is AL !

(Thanks for saving my life, AL!)