The Alprentice Game Play Topic

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

The final question...this one can be answered by anyone (including iisryan and beavis).

In 200 words or less, explain why either iisryan or beavis should be the next WOWAY moderator.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

I feel I should be moderator because I know the rules of the board. I have experience in knowing what to look out for and what to lie off of. I’ve watched the current moderators perform their job and I feel I would be a perfect addition to the moderators’ rank, even if only for a little while. I hold the bar, I know my way around the forums, and have extensive knowledge of past topics and spammers of the past.

Given, bevis would also be a great pick for the job, I fear that he doesn’t have enough experience in getting to know WOWAY. With a little more time, he may be perfect for the job, but at this point, I don’t think it’s the right thing to do for him. Again, though, that’s not my decision to make.

(It pains me to talk about bevis’ negatives for the job like this, as I have grown a strong respect for him over the game. Either way, though, we’d both be great picks for the role).
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

Well alright here's my feelings about this. Beavis, yes is new, but he's also a mature adult. Ryan is a teenager..... :lookaround: Also there was one glaring sign in Ryan, and that was when I told him that I felt the other cover was better. Ryan "shrugged" off *authority* and didn't listen. To me that shows that he doesn't listen to authority. Granted he probably does, but that stood out to me.

For some reason my gut feeling is telling me that Beavis would make the better mod....
In hiding since 2010
Deliriously Dedicated

Driew_La_27 @ May 22 2005, 09:00 PM wrote: Also there was one glaring sign in Ryan, and that was when I told him that I felt the other cover was better. Ryan "shrugged" off *authority* and didn't listen.
I don't mean to object, but, in all fairness, I did take your suggestion to heart and provide a reason for not choosing it, but, in the end, I ended up not using it. It was my challenge, after all, and I chose to go with the more professional looking cover.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.

Post by Driew_La_27 »

iisryan27 @ May 22 2005, 09:04 PM wrote: I did take your suggestion to heart
:censored:

:P
In hiding since 2010
Deliriously Dedicated

Driew_La_27 @ May 22 2005, 09:06 PM wrote: :censored:

:P
:rolleyes: I almost redid it many times solely because of your suggestion. Had I known you would've been judging it I might have...
Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

Having something of an alliance to both players (I guess I'll always consider myself an Iron Lung, and being on Ryan's team at the beginning was a blast ... but, for this task, Beavis made me his first pick, and I learned what a strong player he has been throughout the game), I can't really make a choice between the two. They both have strong points (and yes, both I am sure have weaknesses as well).

Mr. Trump, I'm glad I'm not in your position of having to choose one over the other ... but I am sure you will make the right decision.
PMFL!
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.

Post by Driew_La_27 »

iisryan27 @ May 22 2005, 09:08 PM wrote: Had I known you would've been judging it I might have...
I rest my case.
In hiding since 2010
beavis1313
Obsessed

Post by beavis1313 »

When this game began I never would have dreamed that I would make it this far. As a result of playing I have learned new things and made new friends. Win or lose it was an experience I will never forget
This Signature should not be read by anyone living or dead and is not a real Signature it's all in your head.
samuraisumo
Off The Deep End

Post by samuraisumo »

I see Akrovak's point. I met beavis for the first time for the first task and except for this last one, we have communicated the while time. His photoshop skills have been the centerpiece of all of the BHD challenges.
Having taken a quick look at the Lungs board, I see why Ryan had made it as far as he had. He has also been an integral part of the Lungs efforts although it looks as if he wasn't involved in the different fiascos that led to a couple of losses.

Because I am a BHD first, I would love for beavis to win, but what is weird is the open arms that Ryan welcomed me in with and the respect to my feedback that he has given. Tough choice indeed. i would love to give it to both.

Sorry, Anth. I can't choose for you.

Beavis, thanks for the help in this game and the fact we became good buds.
Ryan, your respect for me has won me over as a fan of yours, not counting the fact that silver would get mad if we feuded.

Wish both of you well in the decision.
My friends call me Sumo.

Al team member 62!