Hangin' 27 - Part Dos

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Find any Al mentions on the web? Post 'em here!
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

I went to a certain college themed website ( I dont want to link it because of the kiddies) but on he main page there was a pic of Al and when you click on it, it shows the Eminem interview.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
twinkieweinersandwiches24_7
Off The Deep End

Post by twinkieweinersandwiches24_7 »

I know I probably shouldn't have linked this concert review from 2003 because it isn't totally complimentary, but I will anyway.

PopMatters 2003 PNC Bank Arts Center Concert Review

His originals are "tedious", "contrived clunkers"? :stern: And the video segments are "weak"? I've never been to a live show (<_<), but all the reviews from fans I've read said that the video clips are one of the highlights. Aside from those, the rest is pretty nice to Al, seeming to respect him for outlasting most of his 80's targets, especially Michael Jackson.

Again, though, he is a smart guy -- smart enough to get out while the going is good. If tonight was any indication, he may already be thinking about it.
:huh:
:angry:
Stephanie
Al Team #2781
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

:stern:

Well as long as he had good seats, I guess....
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I kinda skimmed through the article, because it was too painful to read all of it. Uh, thanks for sharing?

<_< <---for the author, not you, tws24_7
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

twinkieweinersandwiches24_7 @ Jul 24 2005, 09:40 PM wrote: I know I probably shouldn't have linked this concert review from 2003 because it isn't totally complimentary, but I will anyway.
Ah, that's ok. We can take it.

But he either hasn't figured out, or doesn't care, that the vast majority of his fans just want to hear his parodies of popular songs. This was starkly evidenced by the crowd's reaction to the original material, which consisted of 7,000 butts planted firmly in seats amid wincingly polite applause.

I think this guy must have gone to one of W i e r d Al Yankovic h's performances.
Cinnamon
Obsessed

Post by Cinnamon »

:stern:

Even someone like that says:

Weird Al is unquestionably the most prominent musical satirist of his generation, a distinction for which he hasn't received his due acclaim.
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

I think this guy must have gone to one of W i e r d Al Yankovic h's performances.

*Reports that post to a moderator, for attempting to bypass the bad-language censor*
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Ouch...
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

In cooler news, my cousin Carl is the newest person to be added to the "My birthday and Al's are the same day" list, right here!

Gee, I hope he never sees that Terri broadcast in big, bold letters that he is one year older than Al! Ok, maybe not! :P I just talked to Carl over the weekend. He said he tried to submit his name before. I checked, and noticed he hadn't been added to the list, so I emailed Terri, and had her add him. Yay!

:D
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325