Weird Al Survivor Vii: Game Play Only Thread

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

Tribal Council

(click here if you wanna get in the Survivor Mood)

Welcome to Tribal Council, Tater Tots. Tribal Council is where you'll account for your actions ... and also where one of you will be voted out of the game.

This Tribal Council will be held a little differently than what you've grown accustomed to, so please read this post carefully.

Since Dumb n00b for Al won Immunity, she cannot be voted out of the game. Since TMBJon and lamename3000 cannot vote for themselves, and they cannot vote for Dumb n00b for Al, their votes will cancel each other out ... thus, they do not get a vote. Dumb n00b for Al will therefore be the only person voting at this Tribal Council.

But ... before she votes ... TMBJon and lamename3000 will each post in the Game Play thread ONE post each stating the reasons why they should NOT be voted for (remember, Dumb n00b for Al, you are still voting a person out of the game). These posts should be made by 7:00 PM Eastern, Friday the 24th.

After both TMBJon and lamename3000 plead their cases, Dumb n00b for Al will send a Personal Message with the subject "Final Vote Off" and the name of the person she is voting out to Akrovak. She will have until 7:00 PM Eastern on Sunday the 26th to do this.

Once I receive her vote, I will post the results.

As a side note, no one should take being voted off as a personal attack, as I have explained before.

Also as a side note, keep all Chit Chat in the Chit Chat thread. And don't forget to write your posts, TMBJon and lamename3000 before the deadline.

Thanks,
AkProbst
PMFL!
The Doctor
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by The Doctor »

The only thing I can say is:
PLEASE!!!!
PLEASE TAKE ME TO THE FINAL 2!!!!
Thank you.
I'll give you a cookie, but it might be stale by the time I send it to you...
Silence will fall.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Dumb n00b for Al,
We've been working closely both as Couch Potatos and as Tater Tots during challenges as well as voting strategy. I could go on and make some kind of elaborate plea for you to vote for me but what else needs to be said? I'm sure you'll make the right choice.
TMBJon
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

Tribal Council #13 Results

Dumb n00b for Al has made her decision.

I have tallied the vote. Once the vote is read, the decision is final. That person will be asked to leave the Tribal Council area immediately. That person will also relinquish their Survivor avatar and return to their normal avatar as soon as possible. That person will also join KnottyEmily, Marsbar101, WeirdAce, kristineslipson, Patrick and Mystik Tomato as part of the Jury.

A reminder: Please don't take it too personally if you are voted out. No vote for any individual should be taken as an assault on or insult to them as a person or as a member of this forum. Remember, we are all still friends here at WOWAY. But remember too -- this is a GAME, and it is a game in which players must do what they must strategically in order to win.

I'll read the vote.

SPOILER TMBJon

TMBJon, your time in the game has come to an end, and you are the seventh member of the Jury. :( You can feel free to leave a parting comment in this thread.

Host Final Comments for Challenge 12: We have our final two ... Dumb n00b for Al and lamename3000. The rest of the game is out of my hands, as it will now be turned over to the Jury.

This will be a five step process.

1) Both Dumb n00b for Al and lamename3000 will write a post in the Game Play thread, basically saying why the Jury should vote for them. They will have until 7:00 PM Eastern on Friday November 24th to write these posts.

2) After both of them have made their post, each member of the Jury is allowed to write one post in the Game Play thread ... their post can be speech and/or a single question to both players or two questions (one for each player) ... you'll want to ask whatever is on your mind to help you determine who to vote for at the Final Tribal Council. The Jury will have until 7:00 PM on Sunday November 26th to write their posts (once that time comes, no further questions can be asked).

3) Dumb n00b for Al and lamename can either answer the Jury questions as the read them or all at once, but they should be careful to address all of the Jury member's questions. They will do this in the Game Play thread. They will have until 7:00 PM Eastern on Tuesday November 28th to write their posts.

4) Once all of the questions are answered, Dumb n00b for Al and lamename3000 can both write one more post in the Game Play thread, as their final arguement for the Jury's vote. They will have until 7:00 PM Eastern on Wednesday November 29th to write their posts.

5) Once those final arguements are written, the Jury members will send a Personal Message to Akrovak with the subject "Weird Al Sole Survivor", and containing the name of the person they want to win the game. The Jury Members will have until 7:00 PM Eastern on Thursday November 30th to send me their vote.

Once I have all of the votes, or there is a majority, I will announce the winner.

Jury Members:
KnottyEmily
MarsBar
WeirdAce
kristineslipson
Patrick
Mystik Tomato
TMBJon

Please feel free to ask any questions about this process in the Chit Chat thread.

Thanks,
AkProbst
PMFL!
Dumb N00b
Obsessed

Post by Dumb N00b »

Jury members, I'm aware that many of you may be hurt by my previous decisions. I would be too.

The main problem with alliances is that if you have more than one, one of them will eventually have to be broken like fine china in the hands of Spike The Cool Guy. And if you're reading this, you were the alliance that was broken. Survivor is a very selfish game. The reason I voted against you is probably not that I thought you're inferior to me. It's because I thought you're better than me.

That aside, I've done a lot for the team(s). Having (supposedly) won the first challenge, I went on to create the forum for the Couch Potatoes. I moderated that forum for you guys, and I took all the necessary precautions to hide it from the other team. And ex-Lumpy Spuds, I played clean. I didn't cheat, I won the challenges I did win fair and square.

I've also shown up consistently to every single challenge that I could. I haven't prolonged the game for the rest of you. If the game required everyone to be there for anyone to enjoy it, I showed up.

Those of you who have PMed me for help know that I've helped you. I didn't care about winning so much that I just ignored everyone who was stuck in order to get to the top.

Regarding my vote-offs: I never once voted for someone merely because I didn't like them. Two of you in particular I know are probably outraged at me for voting the way I did. I have one word for them: strategy. They know what it is and have had good strategies throughout this game. Just not good enough. The strategy of myself and my one true alliance just has proven to be, partially through luck, yes, the best one. My strategy has been concealed throughout this game, and it got me through until final two. You all probably know what it was now. All I have to say is, it worked.

I'm not going to smear lamename. Even if his cookies are stale. :P

I've played the fairest game I could.

Also, if you don't vote for me, I might just keep talking. And you wouldn't like that, would you? Hmm, Boolies?
Dave? Hello Dave? Is Dave there? There's a block in your t'ilet.
The Doctor
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by The Doctor »

Dumb n00b for Al @ Nov 23 2006, 07:25 PM wrote: The main problem with alliances is that if you have more than one, one of them will eventually have to be broken like fine china in the hands of Spike The Cool Guy.

I went on to create the forum for the Couch Potatoes.
I moderated that forum for you guys, and I took all the necessary precautions to hide it from the other team.

I've also shown up consistently to every single challenge that I could. I haven't prolonged the game for the rest of you. If the game required everyone to be there for anyone to enjoy it, I showed up.

I never once voted for someone merely because I didn't like them.

I'm not going to smear Lamename. Even if his cookies are stale. :P
First, I agree with DN.
Alliances are very complicated part of this game.

I also moderated the Couch Potato group. Thanks to DN for starting it, and for letting me add all the members and moderate it... As if moderating it was necessary.... We are all good people... :)

DN's talk about showing up consistently and not prolonging the challenges....
Is that kind of a nudge against me for the last two challenges?!?! :)

I also can't really say I've voted for someone just because I didn't like them.
At first, when it was two tribes, We voted out WAF27 because he never showed up.. He understood that. He couldn't play due to other priorities... Ipe never even had a chance.

When it got to one tribe, I voted for those who were from the Lumpy Spuds. Simple as that. It wasn't against an individual person, just because of their old tribe. Except Carol... I voted her because of her signature with a smiley shooting a potato on a couch... not cool :lol:
And then I voted for people who I thought were starting to become too much of a threat, or they told 3 different people similar things about final 3 but with different promises. :)

And I'm not going to smear Dumb n00b for Al, either. I mean, why would I? We've been in an alliance since she won the first challenge.

I am extremely happy that we have had such a strong alliance. And I'm very happy that I was on such a strong tribe as the Couch Potatoes. They always showed up, and they kicked butt on the challenges. A well organized team always pulls through...
But don't take that as a kick to the Spuds. Any problems they had were from the occasional person who never showed up on time, or different time zones (you wacky Canadians/Australians :) )

Anyway, This has been a great game....

I'm here today because of two reasons. 1. The strength of the CPs and their awesome teamwork and all of us agreeing on who to vote for after the merge. 2. The help of my strong ally. Elsa (DN) has been a great player and I am so happy to be in the final 2 with her. That means that our alliance worked.

I don't really know what to say. I don't know what you want to know.
All I can say is that I'll answer all your questions truthfully. I will have to pull out my PM archive to make sure I remember all the details, but I can say that I felt really bad whenever it was down to finding out who was the next person that we should go after.

I probably missed something important.....
But really, it doesn't matter, because you all have questions.
So, let us hear them! O-)
Silence will fall.
Kristine
Off The Deep End

Post by Kristine »

First of all, congrats to the two of you for making it this far. I enjoyed playing the game with both of you, and I'm glad that my old tribe mates are the two sitting in those seats. Of course, I would have rather been one of those two, but hey. More on that in a minute.

The jury vote always comes down to voting for the lesser evil- that's just the way the game is. We were your stepping stones to get to the top, so many of us are bruised and wounded.

As one of thsoe stepping stones, my job is to vote for whom I believe deserves it the most. I'm not voting alliances, nor am I voting against someone I dislike- for currently, I dislike both of you. That is why I am merely a stepping stone. And that is why this vote is for the lesser evil.

The sole survivor should be a strong competitor- one who performed well at challenges, yet still managed the strategy part of the game to get to the top. I DON'T believe that the winner should be a coat-tail-rider who managed to stay under the radar long enough to get into the final two.

There were many choices to be made by both of you in the last few challenges and councils, and you obviously did something right since you're sitting over there, and I'm over here in the jury.

I guess my speech is pretty much over, and I do have a question for each of you.

DN- What was your favorite challenge, and why?

LN- What section of the game did you like better- tribes or individual, and why?
http://www.kristinekreations.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NOW CASTING: Perform This Way, A WOWAY Fan Video
Dumb N00b
Obsessed

Post by Dumb N00b »

My favorite challenge was the rebus challenge. Although I was out of the game early on, I stayed on the sidelines and helped Lamename to the top.

We had a good rhythm going, everything worked (the end notwithstanding), and there was a good sense of teamwork there. Everything made sense to me. It wasn't so much that I was good at it (after all, I was out of the challenge) but that our alliance was functioning perfectly and ideally for us. Also, AkProbst spent time on that challenge, and that really showed through in the end. I have been playing Survivor for moments like those, where either LN was helping me or I was helping him.
Dave? Hello Dave? Is Dave there? There's a block in your t'ilet.
The Doctor
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by The Doctor »

Kristine = Susan Hawk?

All kidding aside....

I disliked the merge.
I preferred the Couch Potatoes vs. Lumpy Spuds
The Couch Potatoes had more devoted members. Everyone always showed up, everyone always contributed. It just worked.
Individual has problems, because everyone is out for themselves, and you don't know who to trust, or who wants you gone! I think that for the most part, it seemed that people wanted me and Elsa out about the same much :)

And as a bonus answer, I also loved the rebus puzzle. Probably because I work on those all the time.. Got to keep the mind sharp!
Silence will fall.
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

Well, I'm not gonna make a huge speech or anything, so I'm just gonna go straight to the questions. :F

LN3000 - You were helping me in a couple of challenges, specifically the medley. Was that to get me to trust you more, or something else?

DNFA - You stated in your big speech that if you voted me out, our alliance was broken or me getting immunity in any of the challenges. Now, I don't recall us ever being in an alliance. So, my question is, why did you thik I was a better person than you in the game?
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.