Generic Al Blather 3.0

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

Ambra
Obsessed

Post by Ambra »

I mentioned on the photo topic thread that I've been looking for an accordion shaped mold to make some soap with. I think I may have finally found not one but two molds! They're actually candy molds but I can use them since they're made of the same material. I found one site that had an accordion mold that is 2" X 2.75" and I found another site that listed the various molds it had in stock, including an accordion one but it didn't have a picture. I emailed them and asked for dimensions and a photo if possible. Aron suggested "old accordion scent" but something tells me I won't be able to find that so something else will have to do, maybe sandlewood. I may also get some "soap paints" to add a little more detail to the finished product.

Never mind--I checked both sites again and they sell chocolate shaped like an accordion but not the molds themselves but at least now I know there ARE accordion-shaped molds out there somewhere!
"My mailbox keeps getting vandalized! Every morning it's full of decapitated action figures and empty inhaler canisters!"
The Doctor
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by The Doctor »

weirdalisthephantomoftheopera @ Apr 19 2008, 07:24 PM wrote: I believe I'll need DICYO for two weeks from today.
:D That's my song, yo.
Silence will fall.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

I got a chocolate bunny playing the accordion for Easter. SO there are definitely bunny amd accordion molds too.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

I think I might possibly be typing in what I'm guessing is Generic Al Blather. (I think)
Ambra
Obsessed

Post by Ambra »

minnick27 @ Apr 20 2008, 08:06 AM wrote: I got a chocolate bunny playing the accordion for Easter. SO there are definitely bunny amd accordion molds too.
I found a clown playing an accordion mold but no accordion. I looked through 7500 plus molds on ebay and I've checked some other sites too. I emailed the one chocolate company that sells accordion-shaped chocolates and asked them where they got their mold. Hopefully they'll get back to me in the next couple of days.
"My mailbox keeps getting vandalized! Every morning it's full of decapitated action figures and empty inhaler canisters!"
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

If not, just get an actual accordion and make a mold from it. Granted it would be huge, but who here doesnt want a sugar high?
Ambra
Obsessed

Post by Ambra »

Well, it's going to be soap not candy, so I wouldn't recommend eating it but an accordion sized bar of soap would last quite a long time!
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

My bad. But it could be soap on a rope, and the rope can be straps!
Ambra
Obsessed

Post by Ambra »

I actually thought about doing it that way if I can find a mold. I checked into getting one custom made but it was going to cost a minimum of $299, just a bit too steep!
WaffleQueen27
Obsessed

Post by WaffleQueen27 »

This is very random, but I had to share!

At church, an older man (unfortunately handicapped and confined to a wheel chair :( ) who is an old friend of my mom and dad came up to my dad and I and struck up conversation. He noticed I was listening to my iPod and asked me what I was listening to, so I told him I was listening to Al. He lifted his eyebrows and went "Weird Al? Weird Al Yankovic?". I nodded and grinned huge. He then asked me if I had gone to the Fresno concert last year in October, which I did, and we talked about how totally great the show was.

He said he's been a fan for years. Don't you just love randomly encountering fans? :D
"Like a zero drowning in a sea of higher numbers, I remain as ever intrigued, but no more astounded."