WOWAY 10 years : Memories

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

DrDecay
Addicted

Re: WOWAY 10 years : Memories

Post by DrDecay »

Oh boy! Yes, I do recall there being a yahoo group.
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

remember when the internet ruined everything forever
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Come on, its getting old
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Since this appears to be the only topic for meeting people from the board in real life, I'd just like to say that I saw our own oddaustin performing with his band "Smashy Claw" in Longmont and chatted with him for a bit after the show. My old college roommate, Dave Frey, just joined the band as their drummer and it was their first live show as a full band. Dave had told me that Austin knew me from this very forum and Austin himself said that our own Jace suggested me to him on facebook. I can safely say that was the first real connection I've made in this board.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Sept 9 was my ten year anniversary on the board. I've met so many friends through WOWAY! I'm so grateful. And I got to go hear Kimo play in Altadena again on my Woway-versary. :peace:
Mad Genius
Obsessed

Post by Mad Genius »

weirdojace wrote:I signed up here in 2003 or so, and I was an annoying kid who kept posting really bad song parody recordings. I don't know how any of you could stand me.
One did and saw the potential....

I remember joining WOWAY in November, 2003, after searching for fan parodies on Yahoo. When I first came to WOWAY, and saw the Parodies You've Made thread, I didn't feel so alone.

About two weeks after joining WOWAY, I heard Jace's "When I Grow Up, I'm Gonna Be a Mongoose," for the first time, and was impressed with Jace's potential. Truth is, I was feeling discouraged with my own works, and was considering of quitting producing parodies, due to a lack of resources. When I heard Mongoose, I was reminded of when I first started back in the late '90s, and I decided to contact Jace, and encourage him to do more because Jace has so much potential, even now. Since then, we became friends and started chatting via the PM system, e-mails, and even the Non-Java Chat system that we used to have, once upon a time. It wasn't until 2004 that Jace introduced me to Skype for the first time, after AIM screwed up my Windows 98 computer.

Needless to say, I've seen WOWAY go through some good times, and some hard times. -Anyone remember Jasper_Johns_the_Home_Frie causing trouble in the forums, and later getting banned for it, or when Queen DeDeDe did that one song about Sonic the Hedgehog that had us thinking she was praying to him?

Good times.

Needless to say, it's been interesting, meeting like-minded fans and sharing song parodies with them.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Now kiss
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Mad Genius wrote:Jasper_Johns_the_Home_Frie causing trouble in the forums
Causing trouble...or being a sexy beast?
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Whatever happened to that topic anyway? :ph34r:
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Yup.
Die-hard Fan
Awards: Best Yankochick (-18) Nominee

Post by Yup. »

Posting my first reply about 8 hours ago!!
Shows:
10-21-12 Rutland VT
06-02-13 Port Chester NY
10-08-13 Verona NY
07-14-15 Verona NY
07-30-15 Port Chester NY