Weird Al Survivor IX - Gameplay Thread - WINNER REVEALED!

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Re: Weird Al Survivor IX - Gameplay Thread

Post by Wizzerkat »

Sunday or Monday ending before 9 PM would be optimal for me, but of course the final two have the final say.
Is my dude a dweeb?
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

Killingsworth wrote:I just thought everyone would appreciate hearing some gratitude from me just before the voting stage as if it weren’t for them, I wouldn’t have even made it this far
This isn't TV. It didn't make any sense.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

RyanHippFTW wrote:This isn't TV. It didn't make any sense.
It doesn't have to be on TV to make sense. I still had to work and interact with most of you to get here, so I just thought...ah, never mind.

I could do pretty much any time Sunday or Monday for the live reunion.

Now, for my closing statement...

Well, mine and Jon's fates are officially in your hands as of now now. After looking back at our performances during the game and reflecting honestly on them, I feel that both Jon and I individually have each made very solid and diplomatic cases both for and against your votes for each of us as the Sole Survivor of this game. We can only hope that you take our words into careful consideration as you come to a decision on which of us truly deserves to be the last man standing here before you. Only one of us can truly embody the spirit, values and sportsmanlike conduct of this game. Only one of us can find and travel the true road to ultimate victory with which those items are paved. Somewhere along the way, we both have to own up to our strengths and shortcomings so that others may help us find our own way. My opponent confessed to what some may perceive as shady behind the scenes dealings. One would think he got so wrapped up in his own quest for victory he didn't stop to think much about how this made him look to others, but luckily he had the ability to notice those qualities more severe in other players and stated flat out why they never deserved to win. We can both share a claim of bringing our honest A-game to the challenges and looking out for our team the entire game. I listened to the concerns of my teammates, took them to heart as we all determined who was more detrimental to the game.

Jon did express concern to me sometime after Stephen and Elvis got voted off that his willingness to staunchly convince others of how to vote might turn his teammates against him. One thing I took from that was to not make adamant cases myself for who should be drummed out in each tribal council and put more effort into the challenges themselves. As I've said, Jon's strengths lied both in the challenges and planning ahead to gauge reactions to who the Minor Celebrities wouldn't miss next tribal council. My strengths also lied in challenges and votes, not as much performance or planning as in serving my team's demands. I never tried to convince anyone how to vote because that wasn't necessarily my forte and if someone had a better idea than me as to who should go next, I was always open to it. I wanted my team to see me as a figure who was looking out for all of them on the same level that Jon was looking out for me as his most crucial "swing vote". I wanted the Minor Celebrities to see me more as someone who was supporting the dynamic we crafted and less as someone who was manipulating or controlling the outcome just in my favor. I always felt that this need would've best been served by taking the game one challenge at a time rather than attempting to look into the near future to see who is the weakest link or who could get more votes against them.

As I draw to a close, I realize what a hard sell this might be for those former Jungle Cruise Guides among you on the jury. To those of you, I would just like to say that I firmly believe that all of us here got out of this game exactly what we put into it and each of our outcomes reflect this statement. I've always valued solid trust, honest teamwork and a strong work ethic. Most of my teammates on the jury can surely back me up on this. I personally believed that those three things would get me very far...and look where I am now. I stuck by my guns the whole game and now even if my being here could be viewed as something of a strange fluke, I'm in the final two! To my fellow Minor Celebrities, I hope more than anything that you could show me the same level of support I have shown each and all of you throughout the game when it comes time for your final vote. It sure has been a wild ride and I've immensely enjoyed bonding and team building with you guys. As Jon no doubt prepares to deliver his closing statement, I would like to wish him good luck for the final time and I thank you.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

Killingsworth wrote:It doesn't have to be on TV to make sense. I still had to work and interact with most of you to get here, so I just thought.
Saying "thanks for having us" doesn't make any sense in this context. If you were someone's guest in real life at their house or for lunch or on a TV show then it would make sense. But this is the internet. This is a forum. Why am I even giving you the time of day. Jesus Christ, I'm sad. What am I doing with my life. :magic:
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury,

Thank you for hearing the cases of both Mr. Killingsworth and myself. First and foremost, I must say that I've had a great deal of fun participating in this Survivor competition. Since 2006, I have had a hankering to get a second chance to play WOWAY Survivor and see if I could do any better the second time around. Already I have exceeded my previous performance; while last time I only made it to a paltry third place, this time I have already made it to second place! With your help, I hope to finish as this season's Sole Survivor.

I do not think that I acted in a devious, backhanded manner during this game. I did engage in aggressive whip counting for two votes, those against the Doctor and Elvis, as strategic choices in order to eliminate the two players whom I felt posed the greatest threat to my victory. Otherwise, I did not press heavily on anyone else on how to vote, and I instead allowed the game to take its own natural course.

I have made it this far by winning immunities and consistently voting against the strongest remaining players. Casey has made it this far by being the least threatening competition and therefore never giving me or anyone else (except Ryan) reason to vote against him. I believe there is a clear contrast between us and two dramatically different reasons why we are each here. I hope you will take this into consideration as you cast your votes.

As my opponent would say, thanks for having us.

XOXO,
-TMBJon
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL VOTE

Jon and Casey have now made their final arguments, and now it's finally time for the jury to cast their votes. Voting protocol will be similar to previous rounds, with one major difference: Tonight, you are voting FOR the person you want to win Weird Al Survivor IX. Casey and Jon WANT to see their names come up.

Each of you will send me a Private Message with a vote FOR either Jon or Casey. You can include a reason if you'd like, but you don't have to. Once you've cast your vote, you may not change it. Please send your votes by Sunday, June 3 at 10 PM EDT. Also, please don't reveal to anyone who you've voted for!

Image Killingsworth
Image TMBJon

Good luck to both finalists!
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL RESULTS

History is about to be made...get ready!
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

For the last time this season, it's time to read the votes. Remember, the jury voted for a winner tonight--Casey and Jon, you want to see your username come up. As always, we are all still friends here in WOWAY. But only one player could win the title...and after four months, it's time to find out who it is.

(Highlight the quote boxes to read the individual votes. Read one at a time for dramatic effect!)

First vote...
Spoiler:
TMBJon

Spoiler:
TMBJon

Spoiler:
TMBJon

The winner of Weird Al Survivor IX...

Spoiler:
TMBJon

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! :whoot: Not only did you win with a unanimous vote, but you never received a vote against you at any point during the game. A very well-deserved victory from one of the most dominant players in Weird Al Survivor history. :Y

So about your prize...
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

As I said at the beginning of the season, I don't have any Al rarities to part with, but it's tradition for Survivor winners to receive something to commemorate their victories. In keeping with the "choice" motif of this season, you will get to select your prize from three recent or forthcoming Al products! :whoot:
-Alpocalypse (LP)
-Alpocalypse Tour (DVD or Blu-Ray)
-Weird Al: The Book

Sounds nifty, right? Well, here's the twist (come on, you knew there was gonna be one)...we're gonna have a little throwback to the first night of the game by having you select your prize blindly. Pick an envelope, any envelope...

Image Image Image
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Wow!
I would like to thank each of the players who competed in this Survivor competition. It has been a great few months with a lot of difficult challenges. I have had a lot of fun competing against each of you. Additionally, I would like to thank anth and Kevbo for putting all of this together and administering the entire game as fairly as possible.
I must say that this win relieves six years of anxiety after my botched decision to trust Stephen and Elsa during my last go-around. So thank you for allowing me to sleep at night again. I look forward to many restful nights now that I can finally put that part of my history behind me.

Thank you to everyone who voted for me (and who didn't vote for me in previous rounds). I intend to live the rest of my life as a proud representative of the Survivor brand, much like my lifelong hero, Richard Hatch.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.