Weird Al Survivor IX - Gameplay Thread - WINNER REVEALED!

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: Weird Al Survivor IX - Gameplay Thread

Post by TMBJon »

Regarding this prize, I am sincerely hoping for Weird Al: The Book here since I already own the other two items. Having said that, I will go for Envelope A.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Re: Weird Al Survivor IX - Gameplay Thread - WINNER REVEALED

Post by anthontherun »

As luck would have it, Envelope A contains...

Congratulations! Now of course, I have to ask...you can either hold onto your Weird Al: The Book... or you can go for what's in the box that Hiro-San is bringing down the aisle right now!

(It's a $15 Amazon gift certificate)
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

8)
KATZ. OUT.
[There should be a mic drop emoticon.]
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Wow. Congratulations, Jon! It's been a lot of fun competing against you these past few months. Thanks to anth and Kevbo for all the work they put in organizing this and thanks to all my fellow Minor Celebrities for all the great teamwork. It's been quite a wild ride and it was fun while it lasted! It will sure be fun reading the Jungle Cruise guides thread, but I'm not sure exactly how much of the Minor Celebrities challenges I could revisit without cringing! (haha ha, just kidding! but at least now I can finally get rid of this stupid tacky Helen Keller avatar!) :lol:

Killingsworth out!
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Final Host Post

This was my third stint as a Weird Al Survivor host, but my first time developing most of the concepts and challenges that made up the season. In the next day or so I'll be posting my reflections on how certain twists and challenges went down and I'd really love if the players and audience could provide some honest feedback, because even if there were some frustrating complications along the way, I'd definitely like to host again in the future and I want to make sure the game is run in the best way possible.

Of course, by no means did I do this alone. I have a lot of people to thank for helping this season run (mostly) smoothly...

Thank you, WHiZZi, for creating new usergroups and forums based on my whims and allowing me to run the game in a decidedly less contained structure...and of course, for giving us a forum to play on in the first place!

Thank you, OE, weird_el, gtrmu and the previously-acknowledged final IC survey takers for giving us a helping hand in judging and creating some of the best challenges this season.

Thank you, Bruce the Duck for creating Weird Al Survivor 8(!) years ago and to all the hosts who subsequently helped it live on.

Thank you, to Mark Burnett, my arch-enemy Jeff Probst and all the people behind the CBS show Survivor for providing inspiration.

Thank you, Akrovak, for providing the template for this "Final Host Post," as well as the next two entries, which I'm copying verbatim because I can't improve upon them.

Thank you, Jay Levey, Bermuda Schwartz, Ruben Valtierra, Jim West, Steve Jay, and Dr. Demento for existing.

Thank you, "Weird Al" Yankovic, for years of laughter and excellent music ... and for being the spirit behind all "Weird Al" Survivors.

Most importantly, huge thanks to Kevbo1987 for being a fantastic co-host, developing some great challenges and filling in for me on short notice whenever I needed a hand. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it, bro.

And thanks to the awesome cast of Weird Al Survivor IX ...

FreakyGeeky
quantumerror
Akrovak
RobinMD
melcor58
The Doctor
minnick27
Elvis
WeirdMary0427
MissyMoo38
the dingo
Mystik Tomato
AAAmerah
Wizzerkat
RyanHippFTW
Big Spoon
Killingsworth

And our Sole Survivor, TMBJon

for giving us a fantastic season--after such a long hiatus, it's great to see that Weird Al Survivor can still be awesome. You guys truly made this season a blast, and I can't wait to see what's in store for season 10...
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Complete Voting History of the Season
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Thanks, all, and thanks especially to Anth! I don't know if you all realize the amount of work Anth put into this, but it was astronomical. Thanks also to all the participants. I had a lot of fun, and I hope you did too. Congrats, Jon!
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Killingsworth...back in momentarily.

Ugh, just reading back over the entire "Minor Celebrities" thread made me want to, well "stick my head in the microwave" as Al-imitating-Devo would say. Still, I would like to once again thank my fellow Minor Celebrities (especially Jon) just ...for putting up with me as absolutely nothing more than a swing vote. We sure did have some good times together, but it seems to me like events that occurred in the very early stages of the game had the most influence on how literally EVERY single member of the jury voted. With all due respect to Jon and Chris though, I was a bit relieved to see that their initial theory on Dave's "strategy" for kidnapping me turned out to be wrong and almost baseless (go back and read the threads for each tribes to see what I'm talking about). Thanks to anth and every one else that said Jon, Chris, Joe and myself were a "very deserving" final four although I can't really say with certainty that I deserved to really place higher than fifth if I didn't know early on to trust the right person. Still, I can at least say that there were two player on my team who were less popular and well liked than myself, so...that's something.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

Killingsworth wrote:but at least now I can finally get rid of this stupid tacky Helen Keller avatar! :lol:
Bringin' back his favorite picture to fap to.

Ryan Hipp out! I did that because Jon did it and I want to look cool on the Weird Al forum so people will like me. BTW, apparently Joe Piscopo is tweeting now. Okay, whatever... See, that was something funny, because I mentioned a famous person being on Twitter and acted like I didn't care.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Congrats on winning Jon. And Casey, congrats on being the guy that he brought with him to guarantee that win. I havent gone through both forums yet since I'm on vacation, but I read my kidnap discussion pages, and I'm surprised that someone thought I should be brought over based solely on my saying congrats! Can't wait to read more and then see confessionals
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ