Ranking Internet Leaks

Moderator: Moderators

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

This album so far has been very hit and miss. With almost half of the next album already out, it's fair to say that this album will most likely fall well short of the last three (PH, RWS, & SOL).

Ranking:

1. Craigslist - Probably the single best musical and vocal imitation Al has ever done. The lyrics captured the absurdity of Craigslist postings beautifully. Really a well done song altogether.
2. Skipper Dan - Very catchy tune combined with some of the most original lyrics and subject matter. Great job!
3. Whatever You Like - underrated. The music is crap, and not up to standard of rap songs Al usually parodies, but the lyrics and concept were well executed.
4. CNR - Good music, but lyrically it was all over the place. A bunch of random, nonsensical lines that had nothing to do with the supposed subject of the song.
5. Ringtone - one joke, not that funny, and just okay music. Weak song all around.

Ranking of the videos (based on how much they add to the enjoyment of the song:

1. CNR - By far the best of the videos. Really makes a world of difference. Jib Jab deserves major props for this one!
2. Craigslist- Breathtaking visuals capture the look of The Doors just as well as Al and the band captured the sound. And it was great to have a live action video for this one, something I didn't expect to see with this batch of releases!
3. Ringtone - Cool animation, and some neat visuals. Unfortunately the video doesn't save this song as well as CNR's did.
4. Skipper Dan - a rather boring looking video for a superb song.
Limecat
Obsessed

Post by Limecat »

1.CNR
2. Ringtone
3. Skipper Dan
4. Craigslist
5. WYL
DECAPITATIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

I've been listening to "Ringtone" off and on all day today, and I've re-done my ranking. Even though craigslist isn't my favorite Internet Leak, I really agree with what Jeremy said about it above.

1. Skipper Dan
2. CNR
3. craigslist
4. Whatever You Like
5. Ringtone

ETA: I'm sure this will change again...and again...and again. :P
rccola18
Occasional

Post by rccola18 »

#1 Skipper Dan
#2 Ringtone
#3 Whatever You Like
#4 Craigslist
#5 CNR
flusher5
Addicted

Post by flusher5 »

1 Whatever you Like
2 Craigslist
3 CNR
4 Skipper Dan
5 Ringtone
Rice in my Laundry, Lice in my Milk.

call me "Ben" not flusher
FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

4. CNR - Good music, but lyrically it was all over the place. A bunch of random, nonsensical lines that had nothing to do with the supposed subject of the song.

Gee, you don't suppose...NAH, no way.

Unless...hmmm...let me make some calculations here...damn, that's WEIRD...hmmm.......okay, follow me on this one, I know it sounds a little far-fetched, but....you don't suppose that the randomness and incongruity of it all possibly could have been THE POINT OF THE SONG IN THE FIRST PLACE, do you?

Nope, obviously not. I'm wrong again. What was I thinking?

1. CNR
2. Craigslist
3. Ringtone
4. Skipper Dan
5. Whatever You Like

OOPS! Sweet lord, what have I continued to think?

5. Ringtone - one joke, not that funny, and just okay music. Weak song all around.

You're not satisfied with one joke OR a lot of jokes. You truly are an enigma, Mr. Duck.
Just gonna stand there and watch me burn...that's alright because I like the way it hurts...
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

FredHuggins, I don't think I've ever disagreed with you?
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

Must say I was wondering that too.. The whole point of CNR is its nonsense and that (to me) harks back to many traditional funny songs like "Martyn said to his Man"

I saw the goose ring the hog, fie, man, fie
I saw the goose ring the hog, who's the fool, now?
I saw the goose ring the hog, and a snail bite a dog
Thou hast well drunken, man, who's the fool, now?
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

FredHuggins @ August 23, 2009 12:23 am wrote:
Gee, you don't suppose...NAH, no way.

Unless...hmmm...let me make some calculations here...damn, that's WEIRD...hmmm.......okay, follow me on this one, I know it sounds a little far-fetched, but....you don't suppose that the randomness and incongruity of it all possibly could have been THE POINT OF THE SONG IN THE FIRST PLACE, do you?

Nope, obviously not. I'm wrong again. What was I thinking?

1. CNR
2. Craigslist
3. Ringtone
4. Skipper Dan
5. Whatever You Like

OOPS! Sweet lord, what have I continued to think?

You're not satisfied with one joke OR a lot of jokes. You truly are an enigma, Mr. Duck.
Ignoring your obnoxious attempt at humor through sarcasm, yes I realize that the nonsensical lunacy of CNR is the "point" of the song. And my point is that a string of random nonsense is NOT FUNNY. What's so confusing to you?

And no, CNR is not "a lot of jokes". It's a lot of random nonsensical unfunny lines, not jokes. There's a big difference. Lyrically, CNR and Ringtone are among the weakest songs Al has ever written. Probably their only real competition are Syndicated Inc. and Girls Just Want To Have Lunch.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Bruce the Duck @ August 23, 2009 04:03 am wrote: I realize that the nonsensical lunacy of CNR is the "point" of the song.  And my point is that a string of random nonsense is NOT FUNNY.  What's so confusing to you? And no, CNR is not "a lot of jokes".  It's a lot of random nonsensical unfunny lines, not jokes.  There's a big difference.
This coming from a guy who didn't know what Chuck Norris facts were one month ago.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.