The Big Alpocalypse Topic

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

IMO Al picks the right rap stuff to parody so I have liked them regardless of how I feel about rap in general.
Is my dude a dweeb?
WeirdAbbott
Off The Deep End

Post by WeirdAbbott »

Great polka TSB, but I think you need to trim that down to like 12 songs. Most of Al's polkas have around eleven or twelve songs. So maybe lose "Party Like a Rockstar", "Love Song", "4 Minutes", "Circus" and "Hey There Delilah" and you've got a real possibility. I mean, they would all sound good polka-fied, but that is too many songs.

Also, I think a Beatles only polka would be amazing! That or a *cough*AliceCooper*cough* polka...but, I'm just sayin'...:P
amiright.com/parody/authors/abbottskelding.shtml
youtube.com/WeirdAbbott
facebook.com/TheAbbottSkelding
soundclick.com/TheAbbottSkelding
facebook.com/AbbottSkeldingDesign
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

dynaboyj @ November 01, 2009 07:22 pm wrote: I'm sick of Al's rap parodies. Maybe it's just because I don't like rap, but...am I the only person who thinks that Amish Paradise was a disappointment and that White & Nerdy was a little overrated?

In my opinion, Al should either write another acoustic ballad, style parody of Bob Dylan or CAKE, or stick to polka.
AP was awesome, but Ill agree with you about WAN. I loved it when it came out, but it was new so it was the best. But most of the stuff in there isnt very white or nerdy. THough it got Al back in the spotlight, so you gotta love it.

And Al did say he likes rap because there are so many words to work with, so you're probably gonna be stuck for a while.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

minnick27 @ November 02, 2009 12:54 pm wrote: But most of the stuff in there isnt very white or nerdy.
Maybe you're just so unbelievably white and nerdy you don't realize that things you consider normal are actually very white and nerdy.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

TMBJon @ November 02, 2009 03:58 pm wrote: Maybe you're just so unbelievably white and nerdy you don't realize that things you consider normal are actually very white and nerdy.
:online:

But yeah, I'm a little sick of rap parodies (and rap in all) myself. The only one I prefer is the Awkward Rap at CollegeHumor. The fact is, songs just can't be songs without the music. Then they are just ridiculously upbeat poems.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

While I am a little sick of rap parodies, I'm not gonna be upset if there's more than WYL on album 12, and if WYL is the only one, I won't cry.

Sorry, but I stand by my original statement: It's Al. I don't put any value on what he's parodying.

Go ahead and hate on me all you want, but that's my opinion.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
dynaboyj
Occasional

Post by dynaboyj »

I think Al should do a parody from 21st Century Breakdown. I wonder how Billie Joe Armstrong would feel to have another parody...
And the polka should DEFINITELY have Polka Face as the title, with maybe a different song by Lady Gaga on it.
I ate half a million chalupas, and I got fat.
superdude

Re: Still Drooling Over Album 13

Post by superdude »

He's gotta do a parody of I Kissed A Girl. Maybe I Kissed a Squirrel?
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

:huh:
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

This is your brain on drugs. Any questions?