Whatever You Like

Moderator: Moderators

BabyBoolie27
Obsessed

Post by BabyBoolie27 »

Scarlatti @ November 16, 2008 08:37 am wrote: I agree, an Al pic might have marketed better.

But maybe Al chose the cover because, as he did with the song title, he wanted to confuse people. Maybe this could lead to a new audience. I've seen people looking on iTunes and avoiding Al, cause they think the album cover means its not 'real' music. People could therefore be more willing to download WYL if the album cover suggests something other than comedy music. This could lead to a whole new bunch of Al fans who listen to WYL and think 'this ain't bad...Im gonna listen to more of this Al guy'

Well, thats what I think anyway. :F
That is a very true point, but it could have backfired on him as well. They could have got it thinking it was something else, especially since iTunes messed up and put it under Pop instead of comdey!

I was a little confused about the cover as well. It was not a typical Al cover and I had to double check to make sure that it WAS actually Al's song before purchase. The quality of the song is not deminished by the cover though. And yeah of course I'll go with having his face on the cover because...oh come on! :lol:

There was only one point in WYL that I felt the lyrics were a little forced and that was when he said "dump the flavor packet on it and eat it." Felt a bit wordy for the music...but still loved the song!
I like all animals...well except for monkeys, because they climb all over your face and slap you!
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Hmm, I don't find that part wordy at all. Ah, well. It's a great song, despite the cover art.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

If Al made this song in the 80s it would have been "You can watch whatever you like."

Just sayin'.
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I think that's already been said in here.
And Peggy
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Aw man.

*crawls under a rock with the worms*
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DonnaNoble
Off The Deep End

Post by DonnaNoble »

XP Hey! I said that once!!!

He DOES say that in the song, but I'm definitely glad this wasn't another TV song.... I like CP SI and CT but this is better IMHO
Oh snap!
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

WYL has an expat fan.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Possibly the first time Weird Al lyrics have been compared to the work of Thomas Friedman, except of course for his recent book "Hot, Flat, and Nerdy."
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Poptronixx
Die-hard Fan

Post by Poptronixx »

Fun song, but no music video to go with it? I can't wait for Al's new album! :-)
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

We'll probably get a video for one of the LAST songs to be done for this album (as in, potential lead single). Although the whole concept of lead single has to be looked at again if songs are released as they're done.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.