Party In The CIA

Moderator: Moderators

giantlobsterrobot
Regular

Re: [SPOILER] Party In The CIA

Post by giantlobsterrobot »

A live video to this could've been so brilliantly done. I hope the animators have Al's comedic inspiration for sight gags and parody when they made this video. I just picture him and the band in CIA gear and an alien in the background and some other CIA cover-ups going on. It could be a very great play off the original video.
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

HappyGilmore wrote: Maybe he really loves his job in the CIA, so it's not really 'work' for him but more like a party?
That's how I take it. It's from the POV of an overly-anxious newbie agent who gets excited when the "red alert" comes over the radio. An assassination mission = "party" to him.
lookatthenumbersinIandlaugh
Obsessed

Post by lookatthenumbersinIandlaugh »

how drastic is the key change between Miley's and Al's? I'm considering doing this at Karaoke tonight
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

This was a very well done parody and I loved how Al seemed to have put a lot of effort into recreating all the most subtle background nuances of Miley's version. The lyrics are very sharp and well constructed even though they stray slightly from Al's comedic sensibilities at times. If Al was trying to have a story line within these lyrics, then it kind of went all over the place and seemed like a random collection of espionage jokes. Still, that doesn't take too much away from this song.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
WAYFan
Addicted

Post by WAYFan »

lookatthenumbersinIandlaugh wrote:how drastic is the key change between Miley's and Al's? I'm considering doing this at Karaoke tonight
Miley's is in F, and Al's is in C. So transpose your software down 5 half-steps. Good luck with this! :peace: Let us know how the audience takes it.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

This song is amazing! I can't believe it: Weird Al has finally released a thoroughly political song. This is my favorite track on the album right now, after only one listen.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I'm very impressed with this song. Al doesn't usually go political, and although I'm on the opposite side of the aisle from Al politically, I still really enjoyed the song. It's really a great parody, the music is phenomenal, and I found myself laughing out loud several times.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

See I don't really find this to be political at all, at least no more political than, say, "Spy Hard". The CIA is a government organization that has no political affiliation. You could argue that one side or the other supports the CIA more than the other, but I don't think that's fair to say anymore than saying that one side is more "patriotic" than another. And besides that, the song is very ambiguous, as it could easy be taken as pro or anti CIA depending on which lyric you're looking at.
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Love it Love it Love it ... and for all the same reasons I love Trigger Happy. :whoot: Easily my favorite song here.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

It is true that he was pretty subtle about it, and it could be taken to be either pro-CIA or anti-CIA. I don't think Al was really trying to make any statement with it. I think he was trying to write a funny song, and he succeeded. I really don't care whether it's political or not. It's a funny song either way.