Party In The CIA

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: Party In The CIA

Post by TMBJon »

Something that can now be said: No one owes drewdy666 an apology for second guessing him, as was previously suggested. It now seems rather likely that, as we originally thought, drewdy666 misheard something else in the soundcheck.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Diva
Addicted

Post by Diva »

This has been going around in my head all afternoon at work. In a past life I had to hang out with political scientists because I was married to one. :think: This is a classic wonk rock song. I bet all the people at the CIA are singing and dancing to this one....just REALLLLLY covertly. :P

Cheers, Diva
Whose dental plan doesn't match up to the FBI's, unfortunately
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Worst song on the album, I must say. But I don't expect much more from a Miley Cyrus parody.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Because I've never heard Miley's song, I can appreciate this with no preconceptions.

My step-grandfather is an ex CIA guy. Old school -- spied on Russians.
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Party in the USA isn't even a bad song, and this is coming from a guy who hates Hannah Montana.
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

I think I've only heard the original once before, years ago, but this was a really great song even without that prior familiarity with the original. I even liked the video (till the end, where I thought it got unnecessarily dark). Going into the song, I was hesitant that it was going to be needlessly pointed and mean-spirited but was very happy with the direction that Al ended up taking it. As I said in one of the other topics, this is tied with Another Tattoo and TMZ for my favourite previously unheard parody.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

I don't like the original but really like this song and the video. Since I did not like the song I knew Al would improve it and he did!
Is my dude a dweeb?
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I've always liked Al's parodies more when I don't like the original song, for some odd reason. I guess it's because Al does it so much better. I actually didn't mind Party in the USA, though, despite my intense dislike for Miley Cyrus.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Its beginning to grow on me, as they ALL do, and ALWAYS will. Still think its the weakest track but I still seem to like it more and more everytime I listen.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

I do really love this song. It's one of the two on the album that really stand out as being great songs. I just can't get over how clever the lyrics are.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;