Party In The CIA

Moderator: Moderators

weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Re: Party In The CIA

Post by weirdojace »

Yeah I really don't see why a lot of people think this is a weak song. It's one of the most well written ones on the album.
CB Johnny
Addicted

Post by CB Johnny »

My grandfather was recruited into the CIA shortly before he was killed when my mom was quite young. This song puts a smile to our faces because of it.
I was told my grandfather could only receive dental care at specific places because his body was government property. Makes me appreciate "and a better dental plan than the FBI's" even more.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

weirdojace wrote:Yeah I really don't see why a lot of people think this is a weak song. It's one of the most well written ones on the album.
I know! This song is one of the best parodies on the album. Tied with "TMZ" in my opinion.
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

This is NOT a weak song. This is a really powerful song, made deeply creepy and sinister by the cheerleader bubblegum party vibe of the tune
I said on Twitter that it seemed like what the kid in "Trigger Happy" did when he grew up..
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

ludovica64 wrote: I said on Twitter that it seemed like what the kid in "Trigger Happy" did when he grew up..
I saw that. I thought it was a good observation.
spmahn
Die-hard Fan

Post by spmahn »

weirdojace wrote:Yeah I really don't see why a lot of people think this is a weak song. It's one of the most well written ones on the album.
I dunno, I just don't think it's all that funny.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

I had to watch the video to appreciate it at first, now when I hear it, I like it. Al makes all the current music likeable for me, I love it.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I really like the line "pluggin' the leaks like yeah." I don't think I've heard that joke before and it's kind of clever.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

TMBJon wrote:I really like the line "pluggin' the leaks like yeah." I don't think I've heard that joke before and it's kind of clever.
I wonder if that's a double-reference, one to the CIA and the other to the fact that to promote his album, he released leaks. :P Doubt it...
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

TMBJon wrote:I really like the line "pluggin' the leaks like yeah." I don't think I've heard that joke before and it's kind of clever.
Care to explain?
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash