Polka Face!

Moderator: Moderators

Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Re: Polka Face!

Post by Alinite27 »

Was just gonna post this. Nice to be able to have it to watch whenever you want, instead of while you're also trying to watch the guys and Al. Al's head dancing with the polar bears, or whatever, is new. It's a fun video.

I'm guessing that the live action part was talking about the robot part. Although, I guess, Al's facial expressions in the first part could be considered live action. No concert footage, though.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

This is EASILY the best animated video Al has ever done. More thoughts after subsequent viewings, but very funny all around.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
amzo39
Off The Deep End
Awards: Everything

Post by amzo39 »

I am in love with that robot
Was in the shower when it got leaked. almost spinned my ankle & dead with my head crack opened #StealMyGirlLeaked #StealMyGirlIsPerfect
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

wow...just watched this for the first time...I was a little disappointed at first since parts of the video have that sort of ameteurish fan made feel...in fact, it reminded me a whole lot of this Newgrounds video for the Angry White Boy Polka...still, what this video lacks in certain aesthetic qualities it more than makes up for in terms of the sheer volume of visual gags...it really started to make me laugh quite a bit toward the end...I actually liked Bill Plympton's small contribution to this video much, much more than both of his previous Weird Al videos combined and "Break Yo Heart" and "I Kissed A Girl" are my other favorite segment so far...I also liked the robot part because it was on the exact song I predicted it would be...how much of this video do you guys think John Krisfalusi actually did because upon first viewing, I cannot tell for the life of me (aside from Plympton and maybe John K) who else did this video...I'm thinking maybe JibJab did the intro...otherwise, this video turned out a lot like I predicted in both bad and good ways...

EDIT: okay, after second viewing, someone who works for "MAD" on CN definitely at least did "Fireflies"...I'm thinking maybe Augneblick did Day 'n' Nite and Brian Frisk did Need You Now, but all the ones with the likenesses of singers just run together to me...I'm thinking maybe the studio that did VH1's "Illustrated" or MTV2's "Where My Dogs At" may have also contributed...Thoma Lee probably did one part as well...
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Interrobang
Die-hard Fan

Post by Interrobang »

After first viewing, I don't like it. I'm hoping this'll be like the PTW video for me and I learn to love it through time.
We're gonna yodel like it's 1999!

You weasel-faced dog boy!
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Haha, I actually enjoyed this video more than I expected!
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

I also enjoyed the video more than expected! I will view it more times later and catch everything.
Is my dude a dweeb?
ferdinand
Occasional

Post by ferdinand »

I loved it. I was just cracking up the whole time watching the video. My favorite parts are "So What" "Break Your Heart", and "Fireflies"
No one in the world ever gets what they want and the truth is we don't know anything.
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

NO!! The parts with the robot and I kissed the girl were the only 2 parts i liked. But did not like at all. Polka/amimated video experiment = FAIL
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Wow, I went in with low expectations on this, but ended up loving it! Will give more thoughts after I've seen it more.
And Peggy