Polka Face!

Moderator: Moderators

The Sporkman
Addicted

Re: Polka Face!

Post by The Sporkman »

The Womanizer robot was definitely the best segment.
amzo39
Off The Deep End
Awards: Everything

Post by amzo39 »

Some of the parts were just like beautiful beautiful things
Was in the shower when it got leaked. almost spinned my ankle & dead with my head crack opened #StealMyGirlLeaked #StealMyGirlIsPerfect
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Yeah, it was definitely good to have low expectations on this one. I didn't expect much out of the video, and actually found quite a bit that I enjoyed.

The best things about this video:

The intro with the puppets/Jib Jab style - I only wish this were used in more of the video.
Robot Britney for Womanizer - Is this supposed to reflect the robotic sound of her voice in her videos? Either way it was great!
Justin Beiber - Hilarious!
Break You Heart - One of the only bits that was clearly Al's style of humor - Harkens back to the end of the "One More Minute" video
Bill Plympton - As always, his segment had absolutely nothing to do with the lyrical content of the song. But at least Al had the good sense to give Plympton as little as possible to do on this video.

Things I didn't like:

I still think Al should have used the same gag from the "Perform This Way" video during the "Poker Face" sections instead of the animation. It would have tied the two videos together thematically.
Most of the other segments that I haven't mentioned above were just kind of okay.

Does anyone have a complete list of which animators did which segments? I think the "I Need You Now" part may have been done by the same person as "Whatever You Like". And I recognize John K, Jib Jab, and of course Plympton. But who else worked on this and on which segments?
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

That video was great! I think Al should do videos like this for all of his polka medleys from now on.

Womanizer was the best part.
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

The video isnt available outside USA. I was lucky to be able to see it via embedded copies FB but that loophole is now closed somehow and any attempt to play it sends me back to the CC site where the video is USA only
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
sternoinferno
Occasional

Post by sternoinferno »

It was okay, in my opinion like the rest of his animated videos. I've never been the biggest fan of the animated videos, I really liked CNR (I just love Jib-jab), and of course this doesn't include Jurassic Park, which was phenomenal- I'm referring to the recent animated videos on the last two albums. I don't blame the animation (usually- I won't name names), I just love the live action videos!!! He needs to make 2-3 live action per album, like he did pre-Poodle Hat!!
notachancegp

Post by notachancegp »

I really want to watch this. This sucks - I am in Canada, and no where can I go to see this. Thanks Al!
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

sternoinferno wrote:It was okay, in my opinion like the rest of his animated videos. I've never been the biggest fan of the animated videos, I really liked CNR (I just love Jib-jab), and of course this doesn't include Jurassic Park, which was phenomenal- I'm referring to the recent animated videos on the last two albums. I don't blame the animation (usually- I won't name names), I just love the live action videos!!! He needs to make 2-3 live action per album, like he did pre-Poodle Hat!!

Exactly how I feel. I know the music industry is having a rough time now but i still dont understand how he cant do what he used to do.
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

I would almost question whether the Bill Plympton segment with the pig and the chicken was just some random piece of animation he already had lying around, except that it's perfectly timed to the music.

In any case, it's brilliantly animated and hilarious, which is more than you can say for some of the other segments that do have something to do with the lyrics being sung.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

He already did 2 live action vids for this album, if you consider Perform This Way live action, I kinda do. Lynwood and Poodle Hat are the only ones that only have one actual video, and Even Worse of course.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!