TMZ

Moderator: Moderators

Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Re: TMZ

Post by Yankomaniac »

Must be third today to say, it is, an awesome parody. I almost anticipate it everytime I put the album on.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

Yankomaniac wrote:I almost anticipate it everytime I put the album on.
Wait, so, you almost "expect or predict" the song every time you play the album?
Iamabrawler
Die-hard Fan

Post by Iamabrawler »

I agree. The song is awesome, although Al`s parody is the second parody I hear and love of this song. In fact, I now prefer Al`s version. If there is a live-action video, I hope it`s going to be an AMV wit bits of the show. Simple but effective.
Surprise is that I don`t like country music. But that sounds much different than country my parents listen to.
Last edited by Iamabrawler on Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"So I went in my garaage, got in my care
And I drived, talking with my blue teeth
My boyfreind told me don't cree
Come to my houss, don't worraye,
we'll talk about this togeedurr."
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Yeah, sorry, I look forward to it when I put the album on. Surprises me cause I really don't like country music, but Al gives it exactly what it needs.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

You Belong With Me isn't even really a country song. It's a pop song that happens to have a banjo in it...
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Steel Pedal guitar, its country...listen to it. Don't know the original, if it wasn't country than Al and the guys made it sound country. It definitely sounds pretty country, am I missing something here?
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

No, both the original and the parody are country, though much more of a pop quality than most country. It's the reason Taylor Swift has been able to cross over into the mainstream pop world, like Shania Twain and Faith Hill before her.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Wow, well put. :clap:
Iamabrawler
Die-hard Fan

Post by Iamabrawler »

Talkin` ` bout country songs, Al`s are nearly the only ones I like.
"So I went in my garaage, got in my care
And I drived, talking with my blue teeth
My boyfreind told me don't cree
Come to my houss, don't worraye,
we'll talk about this togeedurr."
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

Bruce the Duck wrote:No, both the original and the parody are country, though much more of a pop quality than most country. It's the reason Taylor Swift has been able to cross over into the mainstream pop world, like Shania Twain and Faith Hill before her.
Being from Nashville, I fully agree with this. Country was already a bit pop from the late 70's/early 80's, but Shania Twain is pretty much the sole reason every female artist is the slightest pop/country these days. (Sort of like how every pop star today tries to be another Lady Gaga.)

Before Shania, women still had that slight "90's country" sound, but she strapped a pop-flavored bomb on country music, and lit the fuse. Boom.