Perform This Way

Moderator: Moderators

OneWAY
Obsessed

Re: Perform This Way

Post by OneWAY »

Yeah, she probably wasn't supposed to be expressive during the shoot. My guess is that the trackers on her face would be harder to recognize if she did any unnecessary facial movements. Her face was only a placeholder, after all.
8/26/08, 7/15/10, 7/16/10, 7/17/10, 11/5/10, 9/22/11, 9/24/11, 9/25/11, 4/30/12, 10/19/13, 5/19/15, 8/19/15, 8/21/15, 7/16/16, 3/3/18, 3/22/18, 4/20/18, 4/27/18, 6/14/19, 6/15/19, 6/21/19, 9/1/19, 5/31/22, 6/1/22, 9/4/22, 9/30/22, 10/1/22, 10/7/22
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

I started thinking about the whole situation with Lady Gaga's manager telling Al he had to do certain things before Gaga could "approve". This is just something I'm speculating on... I think it's been confirmed that the manager thought Gaga would say no, but I wonder if he was afraid to even tell her that Al was requesting permission, and kept telling Al that she needed to see the lyrics and hear the song as a way of stalling for time, perhaps thinking he wouldn't record the song until after getting permission (and then just chickening out completely and saying that she said no instead of saying that he was afraid to let her know).
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

If Al had never learned that Lady Gaga's manager never even told her about the parody, I wonder if he would have made some "take that!"-style comments towards Gaga in his works, like he has with Prince over the years, Emeniem in Al TV, and Atlantic Records in the White and Nerdy video.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

An even more interesting question is if Perform This Way went the way of You're Pitiful, what would have been the new lead single for Alpocalypse? The charts suggest a parody of Rolling In The Deep would have been the most likely option. Maybe Party Rock Anthem or Moves Like Jagger, but I'm not sure how much there is to parody in Party Rock, lyrically speaking, and I doubt Al would have waited six months for Jagger to come out. I think we would have gotten an Adele parody.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

TMBJon wrote:I think we would have gotten an Adele parody.
we could have had it all
we could have had it, Al
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
MandatoryFun
Occasional

Post by MandatoryFun »

TMBJon wrote:An even more interesting question is if Perform This Way went the way of You're Pitiful, what would have been the new lead single for Alpocalypse? The charts suggest a parody of Rolling In The Deep would have been the most likely option. Maybe Party Rock Anthem or Moves Like Jagger, but I'm not sure how much there is to parody in Party Rock, lyrically speaking, and I doubt Al would have waited six months for Jagger to come out. I think we would have gotten an Adele parody.
Rolling in the Deep could have been Trolling like a Creep (about internet trolls, kinda like that one guy who just got banned)

Party Rock Anthem could have been Meth Rock Anthem - Breaking Bad!!!!

Moves Like Jagger - Moves Like Hagrid. All Harry Potter and stuff. Could have been a cool music video.
Hey guys, I got this username first ha ha
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

MandatoryFun wrote:Moves Like Hagrid
Now that I'd like to see! :#
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.