If That Isn't Love

Moderator: Moderators

Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: (spoiler) If That Isn't Love

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Bruce the Duck wrote:It reminded me of "Where's the Love" - the song they did on The Weird Al Show.
I definitely hear that, especially in the beginning. Overall, I really like this song. The music sounds great, and it's a very witty song. I like the part about the tiny microscopic bit of milk left in the fridge. Al really nailed the Hanson sound here, and this is one of the strongest originals on the album, IMO.
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

giantlobsterrobot wrote:What a great strategy... do something you hate, but need to do, ...
I should clarify that I'm not the only one who uses my toilet. It's not just perfect on a general level, but a metaphoric one as well.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

GREAT song, very funny and very cute love song.

I definitely thought the same thing about the making out line. Also, as I mentioned in the bathroom humor topic, I really feel as if the "turd" and "cut the cheese" lines took me out of the song for a second.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Just watched the video again and noticed the last scene parodies "Titanic". That's kind of weird considering this is a Hanson style parody and Al previously directed and starred in a "Titanic" parody for their "River" music video. It would have been cool if the Hanson CD floated past the protagonist as he sunk into the water.

Also, does anyone else think the protagonist looks like Bono chorus segments?
Grom
Off The Deep End

Re: If That Isn't Love

Post by Grom »

I'd rate this as my favourite of the "new" originals, and perhaps my favourite of all the originals. Great, hilarious lyrics and a very catchy song in general. I certainly relate to the sitting through Mamma Mia part. But yes, overall, this song is an amazing addition to the "twisted love song" repertoire with which we are all so familiar.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

I really like the song and the music video. But the music video makes it funnier (you can say that about most of his music videos). While the song is good, it's a bit straight-forward. The music video shows many contradictions and Al being careless... Really funny, but hard to put in lyrics. The song could easily be sung by any serious artist.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

Bruce the Duck wrote:Also, does anyone else think the protagonist looks like Bono chorus segments?
Yeah, he looks a lot like him. Remarkable actually. ;)
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Bruce the Duck wrote:Also, does anyone else think the protagonist looks like Bono chorus segments?
Very much so. To the point where I've always just assumed it was intentional and wondered why he looks like Bono and not like one of the Hansen boys.
And Peggy
TheCervus

Post by TheCervus »

weirdojace wrote:That said, the line about making out was dumb. Just say "making love", Al. You don't have to dance around it. Who pretends when they're making out?
It just occurred to me that since the narrator of the song doesn't know what love is, perhaps he's a virgin, thus "making out" instead of "making love".
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Well, not necessarily totally inexperienced, but "making out" does add a suitable tone of immaturity to the whole thing.