Another Tattoo

Moderator: Moderators

Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Another Tattoo

Post by Killingsworth »

This is reportedly going to be track 9 on Alpocalypse. Since it falls right after an original, my guess is that it would be a parody. Like most of you, I have no clue what it could be of, but here's what others have speculated.

Forget You - Cee Lo Green
Nothing On You - B.O.B. ft. Bruno Mars
Tattoo - Jordin Sparks
Stuck Like Glue - Sugarland
According To You - Orianthi

I think the first two are more likely (although I would be quite disappointed if it were indeed the first one no matter what my roommate says). The second option would do well to fulfill the obligatory rap/R&B requirement. What do you guys think?
Last edited by Elvis on Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: title
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Re: (spoiler) Another Tatoo

Post by Teh Dingo »

I can't see him doing Stuck On You or According To You because that would load the album with female vocalist parodies outside of T. I. (Assuming TMZ is Katy Perry), but the intriguing thing about Stuck On You is it does time itself to 10/25.

However, besides the female vocalist part getting in the way of that theory, there's also the fact that if Al wanted to parody a crossover pop country song, it's very hard to believe he wouldn't have done Need You Know (Before including it in the polka) instead. Bigger hit, bigger name
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

the Dingo wrote:I can't see him doing Stuck On You or According To You because that would load the album with female vocalist parodies outside of T. I. (Assuming TMZ is Katy Perry), but the intriguing thing about Stuck On You is it does time itself to 10/25.

However, besides the female vocalist part getting in the way of that theory, there's also the fact that if Al wanted to parody a crossover pop country song, it's very hard to believe he wouldn't have done Need You Know (Before including it in the polka) instead. Bigger hit, bigger name
It's even harder to believe he wouldn't have done practically any song by Taylor Swift for that exact same reason.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

Post by NH Weird Al Fan »

My guess is it's a parody of "Nothing On You." It just seems to fit the melody of that song best (at least in my head it does :P ).

P.S. Can someone correct the spelling of the song title? (*tattoo*)

*EDIT: I meant to say, can someone correct the spelling of the title of this topic?
Last edited by NH Weird Al Fan on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
8/11/07 Beverly
7/15/08 & 6/26/10 Gilford
8/22/10 Ventura
10/15/11 Boston
5/10/12 Lowell
10/19/12 Beverly
6/7/13 Lebanon
6/8/13 Keene
10/5/13 Hampton
6/4/15 Concord
6/6/15 Foxwoods
8/4/15 NewBedford
9/1/16 Lowell
9/2/16 Gilford
9/14/16 Providence
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

My first thought was Jordin Sparks.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

Post by NH Weird Al Fan »

CatraDhtem wrote:My first thought was Jordin Sparks.
Oooh, didn't think of that...
That has the potential to be a twisted love-gone-wrong song...love it! :good:
8/11/07 Beverly
7/15/08 & 6/26/10 Gilford
8/22/10 Ventura
10/15/11 Boston
5/10/12 Lowell
10/19/12 Beverly
6/7/13 Lebanon
6/8/13 Keene
10/5/13 Hampton
6/4/15 Concord
6/6/15 Foxwoods
8/4/15 NewBedford
9/1/16 Lowell
9/2/16 Gilford
9/14/16 Providence
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

CatraDhtem wrote:My first thought was Jordin Sparks.
That would be pointless and uncreative, IMO.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Killingsworth wrote:That would be pointless and uncreative, IMO.
Well, perhaps, but I have a feeling this is going to be the kind of parody where the humor is going to lie in the jokes in the lyrics rather than whether or not it's a fitting parody of whatever the song is.

But you're right, in a perfect world it will most likely be of "Nothin' on You," mainly so Al can cover Bruno Mars and at the same time cover a brand new hit rap artist...I mean, is Al likely to ignore the possibility of tackling an artist named B.O.B.??
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
minnick27
Off The Deep End

(spoiler) Another Tattoo

Post by minnick27 »

Maybe it's a song about Al fans getting tattoos? Just throwing it out there
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: (spoiler) Another Tattoo

Post by Bruce the Duck »

minnick27 wrote:Maybe it's a song about Al fans getting tattoos? Just throwing it out there
Not likely. Al has NEVER written a biographical song or a song that even remotely mentions himself (excluding where he's playing a character - Skipper Dan, Kurt Cobain, Obi Wan Kenobi, etc.). If anyone were going to write a song about Al fans getting tattoos, it would be Al's Band.