Worst Track?

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Worst Track?

Post by TMBJon »

Based only on what we know or are guessing, what track do you think will be the worst on Alpocalypse?

So far I really like everything we've heard, and if it's all of that caliber this will easily be Al's best album. If that's the case, Whatever You Like would be the worst track, a song I still really like. If I had to pick a title that I was a little worried about it'd be Stop Forwarding, but the fact that it's the last track makes me think it will probably be a pretty good song anyway. I could see arguments for a lot of the other new ones, too. Thoughts?
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Re: Potential Worst Track?

Post by weirdojace »

I didn't like Craigslist from the first listen and it still never warmed up to me. So I'm gonna say that.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

I can't really judge a song based on it's title, so for now I'm going to say either WYL or Ringtone.

If I had to pick something I have yet to hear, I might go with Another Tattoo.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

One stipulation: the point of this is really to make idle speculation about things no one has heard, so if you want to go with a song we've already heard as your least favorite I'd also be interested to hear your prejudgement on the song titles.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Worst original song Al's ever recorded (not counting pre-debut album) - "Ringtone".

If there's a song on the album that's worse than that, the album's going to really suck.
oddaustin
Regular

Post by oddaustin »

I don't know why everyone hates Ringtone... it's musically amazing. I would agree with the WYL disliking though.

I don't know if I want to think of songs I haven't heard yet in terms of 'what's going to be terrible'. But, I guess I'd agree with Forwarding. It seems like there's a lot of ways to go wrong with a generic title like that... though, f the melody and music are amazing enough, I can overlook obvious lyrics.
giantlobsterrobot
Regular

Post by giantlobsterrobot »

weirdojace wrote:I didn't like Craigslist from the first listen and it still never warmed up to me. So I'm gonna say that.
I agree. I have tried and tried again to like the song, but he's just too good at imitating The Doors. :( I think the rest of the album will be awesome. Whatever You Like is so far my favorite of the two parodies and Skipper Dan is my favorite original (thus far) but I am expecting that to change.
giantlobsterrobot
Regular

Post by giantlobsterrobot »

TMBJon wrote:One stipulation: the point of this is really to make idle speculation about things no one has heard, so if you want to go with a song we've already heard as your least favorite I'd also be interested to hear your prejudgement on the song titles.
OH! Out of the ones that have not been released, I think "Another Tattoo" will be my least favorite parody and "If That's Not Love" will be my least favorite original... (Only 5 songs left to choose from :P) I do expect both of these to at least be amusing though. Internet Leaks set a pretty high bar for the rest of the album.
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Especially if "Another Tattoo" is in fact a parody of "Nothing On You" (as speculated), then that coupled with the subject matter makes it my least anticipated track.
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

oddaustin wrote:I don't know why everyone hates Ringtone... it's musically amazing. I would agree with the WYL disliking though.
I don't get the Ringtone hate either. I think it's pretty freaking sweet. Amazing music production, really catchy melody, good lyrics (especially the ending), and he completely nailed the Queen sound. And it gets stuck in my head all the time. Just like a ringtone.