Worst Track?

Moderator: Moderators

Eyeball Chair
Addicted

Re: Worst Track?

Post by Eyeball Chair »

To be honest, I thought many of the tracks on his new album weren't very good, but I don't think it was Al's fault.

All of the original versions of the songs he parodied were songs I already didn't like (Give or take a few) so I'm not holding it against Al.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

I like how Al tends to only parody songs I dont like...guess thats why I like Al and the guys. No doubt the originals on Alpocalypse are better than the parodies, its like that on pretty much every album IMO.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
JohnnyLurg
Regular
Awards: Discoverer of the elusive "Orgy On My Own"

Post by JohnnyLurg »

"Ringtone" is my least favorite, in part because it's lyrically too similar to "Redesign Your Logo." I always forget which one lists "atheist professors" and which one lists "Muslim women in burqas." I also was not at all impressed by "Another Tattoo" and the F-word innuendo doesn't make me like it more. It's about as lame as when Big Bob Pataki said "motherscratcher" in an episode of Hey Arnold!
not to mention the toilets at Madonna Inn
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

I have strong dislikes for "Ringtone" and "Stop Forwarding That Crap To Me."

The rest of the album I dig.
JohnnyLurg
Regular

Post by JohnnyLurg »

HappyGilmore wrote:I have strong dislikes for "Ringtone" and "Stop Forwarding That Crap To Me."

The rest of the album I dig.
I almost feel like "Stop Forwarding That Crap To Me" was only included to show that Al has the guts to release a song with the word "crap" in a title. Because I can't think of another reason for its existence.

I almost wish "I'm in Love With the Skipper" had been released on Alpocalypse. The idea of an album with two tracks containing the word "skipper" would be so ridiculous.
OneWAY
Obsessed

Post by OneWAY »

I thought it was weird that the album had CNR and TMZ; especially lined up right next to each other... but that's probably just me.
8/26/08, 7/15/10, 7/16/10, 7/17/10, 11/5/10, 9/22/11, 9/24/11, 9/25/11, 4/30/12, 10/19/13, 5/19/15, 8/19/15, 8/21/15, 7/16/16, 3/3/18, 3/22/18, 4/20/18, 4/27/18, 6/14/19, 6/15/19, 6/21/19, 9/1/19, 5/31/22, 6/1/22, 9/4/22, 9/30/22, 10/1/22, 10/7/22
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

JohnnyLurg wrote:I almost feel like "Stop Forwarding That Crap To Me" was only included to show that Al has the guts to release a song with the word "crap" in a title. Because I can't think of another reason for its existence.
He might have wanted to end it with an 'epic' because fans would expect it after the previous three albums--the problem is, it's so similar in style to DDTS (and significantly less humorous IMO) that it just feels redundant. Even though WYL remains my least favorite song on Alpocalypse, SFTCTM is easily my least-played.
JohnnyLurg
Regular

Post by JohnnyLurg »

Does it contain a cuss word in the fadeout too?
ipad9

Post by ipad9 »

I think the worst track is craigslist (Only including the album Alpocalypse. Forgot to add.). Just doesn't fit my tastes.
(Sorry if i'm bumping an old thread.)
Last edited by ipad9 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Wow, what a first post!! :welcome:

If you think Craigslist is actually worse than Gotta Boogie, Girls Just Wanna Have Lunch, Such A Groovy Guy, Syndicated Inc, Waffle King, and the others that are typically mentioned as the worst, you will need to provide more evidence than this!

Historical Footnote: In 2009, this forum voted on Girls Just Wanna Have Lunch to bear this designation in my award-winning Worst Song Tournament March Madness-style competition, in which every Weird Al song competed for the title.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.