Worst Track?

Moderator: Moderators

Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: Worst Track?

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

The OP specified that he thought it was the worst song on Alpocalypse. Still baffled, but at least he's not wilfully overlooking GJWHL.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Ok that comment was added in after my response, but I still should have noticed it was in the Alpocalypse subforum.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
just2good
Occasional

Post by just2good »

TMBJon wrote: Historical Footnote: In 2009, this forum voted on Girls Just Wanna Have Lunch to bear this designation in my award-winning Worst Song Tournament March Madness-style competition, in which every Weird Al song competed for the title.
I really hate GJWHL. It's annoying, not at all creative, and very weak. So much so, I love listening to it. It's definitely his worst parody yet, but I think that is the charm of it. :unsure:
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

TMBJon wrote:Wow, what a first post!! :welcome:

If you think Craigslist is actually worse than Gotta Boogie, Girls Just Wanna Have Lunch, Such A Groovy Guy, Syndicated Inc, Waffle King, and the others that are typically mentioned as the worst, you will need to provide more evidence than this!

Historical Footnote: In 2009, this forum voted on Girls Just Wanna Have Lunch to bear this designation in my award-winning Worst Song Tournament March Madness-style competition, in which every Weird Al song competed for the title.
I thought I was the only one that hated Waffle King. Glad to hear others don't.
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

just2good wrote:
TMBJon wrote: Historical Footnote: In 2009, this forum voted on Girls Just Wanna Have Lunch to bear this designation in my award-winning Worst Song Tournament March Madness-style competition, in which every Weird Al song competed for the title.
I really hate GJWHL. It's annoying, not at all creative, and very weak. So much so, I love listening to it. It's definitely his worst parody yet, but I think that is the charm of it. :unsure:
It's definitely at the lower end of the pole. I'd rank it with basically all the parodies off of Polka Party!

The only reason I listen to Polka Party is because I find the original tracks superb and the parodies...not so good at all.
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

I listened to Toothless People in its entirety for the first time in a long time recently and it just reminded me why I skip it on the 'ol MP3 player. Ugh..
Is my dude a dweeb?
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

Wizzerkat wrote:I listened to Toothless People in its entirety for the first time in a long time recently and it just reminded me why I skip it on the 'ol MP3 player. Ugh..
I cringe at the thought. Generally I find some slight enjoyment in an Al song, even the 'lesser-quality' ones. But I skip over Toothless People, Here's Johnny, etc.
JohnnyLurg
Regular
Awards: Discoverer of the elusive "Orgy On My Own"

Post by JohnnyLurg »

HappyGilmore wrote:
Wizzerkat wrote:I listened to Toothless People in its entirety for the first time in a long time recently and it just reminded me why I skip it on the 'ol MP3 player. Ugh..
I cringe at the thought. Generally I find some slight enjoyment in an Al song, even the 'lesser-quality' ones. But I skip over Toothless People, Here's Johnny, etc.
"Here's Johnny" isn't as unbearable as Mark Jonathan Davis/Richard Cheese's early Johnny Carson parodies, "Heyo" (parody of "Day-O (The Banana Boat Song)" and "Johnny" (parody of "Money" by Pink Floyd).
not to mention the toilets at Madonna Inn
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

JohnnyLurg wrote:"Here's Johnny" isn't as unbearable as Mark Jonathan Davis/Richard Cheese's early Johnny Carson parodies, "Heyo" (parody of "Day-O (The Banana Boat Song)" and "Johnny" (parody of "Money" by Pink Floyd).
I'd actually like to hear these. Just from those titles, I don't see how either of them could be WORSE than "Here's Johnny" but I'll reserve judgement for after listening to them.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
JohnnyLurg
Regular
Awards: Discoverer of the elusive "Orgy On My Own"

Post by JohnnyLurg »

Killingsworth wrote:
JohnnyLurg wrote:"Here's Johnny" isn't as unbearable as Mark Jonathan Davis/Richard Cheese's early Johnny Carson parodies, "Heyo" (parody of "Day-O (The Banana Boat Song)" and "Johnny" (parody of "Money" by Pink Floyd).
I'd actually like to hear these. Just from those titles, I don't see how either of them could be WORSE than "Here's Johnny" but I'll reserve judgement for after listening to them.
http://mich.ideatown.com/mdemento.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
not to mention the toilets at Madonna Inn