Worst Track?

Moderator: Moderators

HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Re: Worst Track?

Post by HappyGilmore »

JohnnyLurg wrote: "Here's Johnny" isn't as unbearable as Mark Jonathan Davis/Richard Cheese's early Johnny Carson parodies, "Heyo" (parody of "Day-O (The Banana Boat Song)" and "Johnny" (parody of "Money" by Pink Floyd).
I like Richard Cheese, but they just sound terrible by the title alone.

I still say the Polka Party parodies are useless.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Thanks for the link, Lurg! Incidentally, I'm listening to other parodies of his before the two you bought up. His "Popes on 45" medley isn't that impressive lyrics wise, but I did like how he just threw the songs out there like fastballs. "Rock Me Jerry Lewis" is pointless, but it has its moments.

"Heyo" is just laughably bad. He shouldn't have gotten an bad Ed McMahon impersonator to sing the whole thing or pad it with actual Carson monologue quotes. The lyics barely even fit the song that well. "Johnny" isn't that bad.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
JohnnyLurg
Regular
Awards: Discoverer of the elusive "Orgy On My Own"

Post by JohnnyLurg »

Killingsworth wrote:
Thanks for the link, Lurg! Incidentally, I'm listening to other parodies of his before the two you bought up. His "Popes on 45" medley isn't that impressive lyrics wise, but I did like how he just threw the songs out there like fastballs. "Rock Me Jerry Lewis" is pointless, but it has its moments.

"Heyo" is just laughably bad. He shouldn't have gotten an bad Ed McMahon impersonator to sing the whole thing or pad it with actual Carson monologue quotes. The lyics barely even fit the song that well. "Johnny" isn't that bad.
Yeah, I was mostly thinking of "Heyo" when I said that. My favorite is probably "The Rhythm of the Coffee Pot" just because of how well he captures the wimpiness of The Cascades' lead singer John Gummoe's voice. I really didn't enjoy his two Chinese food parodies, "Rice Rice Baby" and "Order the Egg Foo Young" because they bring to mind the LimeWire era in the early 2000s where so many offensive parodies were misattributed to Al with a disproportionate amount being racist against Asians (other examples include "Secret Asian Man," "Combo #5," and "Cat's in the Kettle," as well as that "Chickity China the Chinese Chicken" prank call). I did also like "Paul on 45" and his interview with Anthony Kiedis though.

I'm honestly surprised Richard Cheese has these all on his site. You'd think he'd either be embarrassed or have made these all cost money.
not to mention the toilets at Madonna Inn