Perform This Way: The Music Video

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Perform This Way: The Music Video

Post by TMBJon »

If Al is indeed Performing This Way on his first night of the tour, he will probably release the video first. Has Al ever debuted a costume on tour before releasing the video? I think he would more likely not play the song until the video was out. Interesting timing. It's possible this video could debut before May 19. Within the next two weeks.

Any speculation on what you think Al has planned?
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
DrDecay
Addicted

Re: Perform This Way Music Video Speculation

Post by DrDecay »

You purpose and interesting question. I would hope that he would release the video first before the tour. I mean the album is due next month. Its a reasonable time frame from the albums due date. I suppose I should get on seeing Lady Ga Ga's version of the video before I see Al's.
Kristine
Off The Deep End

Post by Kristine »

You'd think if he was shooting a live action video, he'd have it all done before the tour, even editing if he has a say in it.
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

He is probably shooting it now since some of his latest few tweets were in a way about it and he has not tweeted anything in the past few days so he is probably busy either filming it or developing it. So it could be releases in a few weeks and in time for the tour. I dont see why he wouldnt perform his new single in concert even if the album wont be out for a month. Other artists do it all the time, some do it even earlier.
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

TMBJon wrote:If Al is indeed Performing This Way on his first night of the tour, he will probably release the video first. Has Al ever debuted a costume on tour before releasing the video?
At least once, yes. He started performing "Pentiums" in concert in full Diddy guise before the video was released.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Thats true! But it was the second single off the album, the album was out and people would have known the song well from the CD. I was wondering about this though, I assume he will be doing it though, even though I couldn't care less.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

It'd be hilarious if the video wasn't out yet and instead of performing in a Gaga-themed costume, he performed the song in the Fat suit or the Amish gear :lol:

But yeah, I think he's working on the video now. Besides the slow down on his tweets, didn't an Al surfer find the ad taken out for a casting call for a contortionist?
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

Post by NH Weird Al Fan »

I'm hoping he'll get Ruben (and the other BITB) to put on some ridiculous outfit when performing this in concert! :lol:
8/11/07 Beverly
7/15/08 & 6/26/10 Gilford
8/22/10 Ventura
10/15/11 Boston
5/10/12 Lowell
10/19/12 Beverly
6/7/13 Lebanon
6/8/13 Keene
10/5/13 Hampton
6/4/15 Concord
6/6/15 Foxwoods
8/4/15 NewBedford
9/1/16 Lowell
9/2/16 Gilford
9/14/16 Providence
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

Yankomaniac wrote:Thats true! But it was the second single off the album, the album was out and people would have known the song well from the CD..
However, don't forget that RWS was out before iTunes was making it as easy for people to release and acquire singles prior to an album release (back in the days of premiering things on the radio, ahhh miss those days), so by the time Al is touring this month, the song will have been out for a month already, so why wouldn't people have the ability to know the song already.

In regards to the video, however, I have little doubt that it will be out more than two weeks before the album comes out, maybe three or so at most, but that is just because it would probably help drive the album a lot more in June than it would if it was released now, let alone much more anytime before the month of June.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Oh I dont have any doubt he'll wanna perform it later this month, costume or not.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!